Scott contessa seat problem

jwroubaix

Jun 6, 2007
My sister purchased a Scott Contessa rode bike last week. When we went to lower the seat. We found out it doesn't go any lower and she's not even close to being able to ride the thing with the seat this high. What do we do? Do we take the bike back or do we try to cut some of the extra length off?

Reactions: Edwardmi
Out lbs fit her so she's upset. I guess well go back to the lbs and see what they'll do.

It looks like the LBS may have done a **** job of fitting her the first time around.

jwroubaix said:
Out lbs fit her so she's upset. I guess well go back to the lbs and see what they'll do.

What is the frame size of the Scott Contessa which your sister was sold?

How tall is she?

What is her inseam?

What is the crank length?

What type of shoes/cleats/pedals is she using?

Have you actually seen her on the bike OR are you getting the info from her over the phone?

I guess I also don't know what to make of the "can't lower the seat" comment. Is there still exposed seat post, or is the seat already lowered to its lowest possible position?

If it is a quite-small frame, is there some possibility of the inserted seat tube coming into contact with something part-way down the seat tube, before it is fully lowered? (I am thinking about the water-bottle attach points on the seat tube, but it would presumably require a very small frame with short seat tube, and a pretty long seat post, for there to be interference, I would think...)