Scott Contessa Speedster vs. Cannondale Synapse Feminine

sara71717

Jun 7, 2010
Hello all - I'm new to cycling and am trying to decide between the Scott Contessa Speedster 15 (Scott CONTESSA SPEEDSTER 15 2010) and the Cannondale Synapse Feminine 5 (Cannondale | Synapse Féminine 5). I have only ridden the Scott and loved it. I like the look of the Cannondale better but have not ridden it, although I've ridden other Synapses and liked those too. Can someone tell me which is a better deal? I can get both for the same price, although after asking a few people I have heard that the Scott is the better option. Please advise! I've been searching for months for the perfect bike and can't wait to get one. Thanks!

I own a Scott bike and am therefore biased toward them as a brand, but in reality this is probably a choice between two basically equivalent, good choices. So if you can ride both in the right frame size, you should base it on which feels better to you. In terms of equipment, the two seemed very comparable, with some minor puts and takes between them.

On the one hand it might be hard to decide, but on the other hand you probably can't go wrong with either....

Thanks for your reply. I got a bit antsy and already ended up with the Scott; it was rapidly going out of stock but I managed to find it at a local shop. So far, very happy with the purchase. Thanks for your insight!