Scott CR1 Pro v. Orbea Onix?

OTG42 said:
That's exactly what I did. Standing over the two bikes, the 58cm was too tall but had good reach and the 56cm was perfect, only not quite long enough. I got a 120mm Ritchey WCS stem from BikeSmart (they had the best price), and I couldn't be happier. Changing stem lengths is common practice in fitting a road bike. I'm a little over 6'0 tall but have these neanderthal arms with a finger tip to finger tip reach of a little over 6'3", I'd have to change the stem length on pretty much any brand bike I'd buy.

One suggestion I will make is don't make the same mistake I did and try and fit the bike by moving the seat back to gain reach. I did this for the first 400 miles and developed some really sore knees. Invest in a longer stem, you'll be much happier.
I went with the 56 and got "fitted' on it at my LBS. Turns our the bike fit damn near perfectly by simply raising the seat up a bit. I didn't need to move the seat back or get a longer stem. As I ride more and my hips and back loosen up a bit, I might want in bit more reach, in which case I'll add the 120 stem. But for now, the bike f____ing rocks. Thanks for your help.

teton explorer said:
I got the Scott. Its an amazing bike. I'm sure the Orbea is a great bike, too. But every ride on the Scott confirms that I made the right decision for me.

You made a good choice. I've had my bike for 6 weeks now and have logged approx 800 + miles on it. It's been a pleasure owning this bike. It's just simply a very good all around bike that does everything very well. The more you ride its quality come into the fore front.