Scott road bikes

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tom, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi there,

    I recently got the idea of starting road biking. A colleague is
    selling a used entry-level (Tiagra-equipped) Scott bike at a nice
    price. I checked the bike, and it's in excellent condition. What
    holds me back is the brand name. I havn't heard much about
    Scott. Does Scott make decent quality bikes?

    Thanks.

    -Tom

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I recently got the idea of starting road biking. A colleague is
    > selling a used entry-level (Tiagra-equipped) Scott bike at a nice
    > price. I checked the bike, and it's in excellent condition. What
    > holds me back is the brand name. I havn't heard much about
    > Scott. Does Scott make decent quality bikes?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Tom

    Yes.

    In short, Scott is, oddly enough, an American brand that has a lot more
    presence in Europe than it does on this continent.

    It ain't no Huffy,