Scratched/Scuffed Crank Arm

MY02_STi

May 26, 2004
I feel a little hesitant on posting this ('cos it'll show how anal I am about my bike) but here goes :eek:

After my ride yesterday I failed to pay attention when moving my bike over a kerb and have managed to (slightly) scratch/scuff the end of the LH crank arm (Dura Ace).

Any suggestions on how to 'fix' this (short of buying a new crank arm - that fussy I'm not ;) ) or should I just live with it (as my wife so kindly suggested) :confused:

MY02_STi said:
I feel a little hesitant on posting this ('cos it'll show how anal I am about my bike) but here goes :eek:

After my ride yesterday I failed to pay attention when moving my bike over a kerb and have managed to (slightly) scratch/scuff the end of the LH crank arm (Dura Ace).

Any suggestions on how to 'fix' this (short of buying a new crank arm - that fussy I'm not ;) ) or should I just live with it (as my wife so kindly suggested) :confused:
Hi

I'm using the dura-ace chain saw as well, its a type of finish which is hard to polish out without doing some damage to the finish. I would just leave it as it going to get scratched again.

MY02_STi said:

Any bike that is ridden will pick up some scratches--live with them, love them.