Scratched taint?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by chilby, May 8, 2012.

1. chilby

chilby New Member

Sorry to be so direct, but it's pretty much straight to the point. I am relatively new to cycling and have never suffered saddle sores before. The worst I have got is deep pain in my taint area, it felt like I was bruised, but a bike fit fixed that. I went for a 60 mile ride and the next day I noticed I was kind of stinging....down there. I took a look, and it looks exactly like when you get scratched by a cat, and it goes red and swells along the line of the scratch - on my taint! WTF? The closest thing I can think of is a type of saddle sore? I didn't actually scratch it, so am not sure how it happend. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or knows how I could possible prevent it - chamois cream?.....Thanks.

Tags:

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

It taint what you do, it's the way that you do it....

A few common culprits:

Shorts that don't quite fit properly - inc. a chamois pad that isn't quite right for you.

Shorts that weren't dried according the manufacturers recommendations - sometimes if I quickly dry my Pearl Izumi PRO's in the drier the chamois isn't quite as "agreeable"

Saddle that isn't quite matched to you or at an angle/position that's correct

Biological laundry detergents - an extra rinse cycle or swapping to soap flakes could be in your future.

3. velocanman

velocanman New Member

Cream will help prevent this. Should only be an issue on longer rides. I generally don't use cream on rides less than 30 miles. Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

4. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Maybe you can post a photo of your taint.

5. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Dude. No.

There are clubs in San Francisco where you can examine guys' taints. This is not the place for that...

6. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Cut your nails or don't scratch at your taint so aggressively.

7. valentin84

valentin84 New Member

Better yet, file them. It never gets scratched when I file them nice and round! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

8. Buckeyes

Buckeyes New Member

9. chilby

chilby New Member

HAHA thanks guys. DZ Nutz seems to help