Scratches on steel bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joel Roth, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Roth

Joel Roth Guest

I've noticed a few minor scratches, that expose the metal, on my relatively new steel bike. What is
    the recommended touch-up procedure?

Thanks.

Joel

Tags:

2. Ken

Ken Guest

joel roth <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:
    > I've noticed a few minor scratches, that expose the metal, on my relatively new steel bike. What
    > is the recommended touch-up procedure?

Same as for a car. Clean out the scratch. Smooth out any adjacent broken paint. Apply touch up
    paint. Car touchup paint is fine.

3. G.Daniels

G.Daniels Guest

wal carries linseed oil from the flax plant. linseed forms a durable natural wax sealing off
    moisture preventing rust. very useful for the steel dropout area, solid axle threads. linseed is an
    excellent temporary repair. too busy to follow AMUZI's excellent directions for 2-3 weeks in
    Portland? try the linseed. also good for dumping down the frame tubes to prevent rust in an older
    weather exposed frame.can be thinned for extra penetration. linseed the shovels and pitchfork,
    manure spreader...the AX!!! the machete!! great stuff. shame its inedible or is it?? very difficult
    to remove with solvents-acetone. which is good and bad. but stuff abrades well with a wire brush.
    linseed ultimate failing over large areas is dirt collection and here linseed really shines.but in
    small areas it's great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.