Scratches on steel bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joel Roth

I've noticed a few minor scratches, that expose the metal, on my relatively new steel bike. What is
the recommended touch-up procedure?

Thanks.

Joel

joel roth <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:
> I've noticed a few minor scratches, that expose the metal, on my relatively new steel bike. What
> is the recommended touch-up procedure?

Same as for a car. Clean out the scratch. Smooth out any adjacent broken paint. Apply touch up
paint. Car touchup paint is fine.

wal carries linseed oil from the flax plant. linseed forms a durable natural wax sealing off
moisture preventing rust. very useful for the steel dropout area, solid axle threads. linseed is an
excellent temporary repair. too busy to follow AMUZI's excellent directions for 2-3 weeks in
Portland? try the linseed. also good for dumping down the frame tubes to prevent rust in an older
weather exposed frame.can be thinned for extra penetration. linseed the shovels and pitchfork,
manure spreader...the AX!!! the machete!! great stuff. shame its inedible or is it?? very difficult
to remove with solvents-acetone. which is good and bad. but stuff abrades well with a wire brush.
linseed ultimate failing over large areas is dirt collection and here linseed really shines.but in
small areas it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.