Screaming Close To Home

B. Lafferty

Guest
From a **** Pound interview at
http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/richard-pound-interview.html

You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> From a **** Pound interview at
> http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/richard-pound-interview.html
>
> You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
> track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
> accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
> business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
> No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
> represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
> likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

So that means we all were right about Howard Dean being one of the
planets biggest assholes with his screaming.
Bill C

B. Lafferty wrote:
> From a **** Pound interview at
> http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/richard-pound-interview.html
>
> You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
> track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
> accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
> business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
> No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
> represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
> likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

Thaen god forbid those people who've been railroaded by cops, cheated
by businesses and people, all those civil rights folks. They made a lot
of noise so they obviously were all wrong. Too bad I wasn't aware that
making people complain menat they were the problem.
Thanks for the wisdom Mr. Pound, sheds a lot of light on his attitude.
Not that we didn't already know it.
Rape 'em and when they scream, blame them.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > From a **** Pound interview at
> > http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/richard-pound-interview.html
> >
> > You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
> > track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
> > accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
> > business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
> > No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
> > represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
> > likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

> Thaen god forbid those people who've been railroaded by cops, cheated
> by businesses and people, all those civil rights folks. They made a lot
> of noise so they obviously were all wrong. Too bad I wasn't aware that
> making people complain menat they were the problem.
> Thanks for the wisdom Mr. Pound, sheds a lot of light on his attitude.
> Not that we didn't already know it.
> Rape 'em and when they scream, blame them.
> Bill C

Final note!!!
Yes, I'm being WAY over the top on purpose because so is Pound. His
bahavior makes Darryl Gates, and Gordon Liddy look good.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> From a **** Pound interview at
>> http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/richard-pound-interview.html
>>
>> You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
>> track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping
>> scandal-once
>> accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
>> business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
>> No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
>> represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
>> likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

> So that means we all were right about Howard Dean being one of the
> planets biggest assholes with his screaming.
> Bill C

Plenty of us knew he was an asshole long before "the scream." ;-)

In article
<[email protected]>,
"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

> From a **** Pound interview at
> http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/richard-pound-interview.html
>
> You've been on the receiving end of intense criticism. A lawyer for U.S.
> track star Marion Jones-whose name came up in the BALCO doping scandal-once
> accused you of "a litany of anti-American smears" and said you had "no
> business being involved in the Olympics." Does that get to you?
> No. I have to look at what they're saying, who they are, what they
> represent, and then start parsing it. The louder they scream, the more
> likely it is that you've hit pretty close to home.

-- Fray Tomas de Torquemada

--
Michael Press

B. Lafferty wrote:
Screaming close to home sounds like a horror movie. Another sequel to
Silence of the Lambs perhaps ?

Donald Munro wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> Screaming close to home sounds like a horror movie. Another sequel to
> Silence of the Lambs perhaps ?

Yep, it's a horror movie alright. Set in the DC suburbs on Nov 8, 2006.