Screw for trek emonda handlebar mount

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
Hello,

I bought a K-Edge computer mount that is supposed to be compatible with the 2021 Trek Emonda bars, but the screw won't screw in. Does this pic of the hole look normal?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• attachment1630119345277yo.jpg
    attachment1630119345277yo.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 30
I searched several images of the bars on Emonda. Seems you may have a stripped or broken bolt in the hole.

Did you buy it used?

screw.JPG

My belief as well. But I have decided to stop using integrated bars and stems. I cannot get them to not give me sore arms. Good round aluminum bars and stems are as light or lighter than carbon bars and stems. I have weighed them. Plus carbon bars can rotate in the stem This happened to me twice and I barely managed to not crash, so perhaps you might think of that. Also Hambini said that in fact, that round bars are probably more aero. Him being an aerodynamics engineer probably lends some credence to his opinions.

Hmm, that does look a bit off. Have you checked the screw and the hole for any debris that might be preventing it from screwing in? Also, are you sure you're using the correct screw that came with the mount? Sometimes, using the wrong screw can cause issues. If you've checked those things and it's still not working, it might be worth reaching out to K-Edge's customer support for further assistance. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your computer mount up and running. Good luck! :)

Hmm, that screw hole looks a bit off. Have you tried contacting Trek or K-Edge for assistance? Let's hear others' experiences too. :)

Hmm, that screw hole does appear to be a bit wonky. It might be worth reaching out to Trek or K-Edge for some expert advice. In my experience, they have been quite helpful when it comes to troubleshooting bike-related issues. Additionally, hearing about others' experiences could provide valuable insights and potential solutions. Let's keep the conversation rolling!

That screw hole does seem a bit off-kilter, doesn't it? Reaching out to Trek or K-Edge for expert advice sounds like a solid plan. They've been known to provide helpful troubleshooting tips in my experience. And hey, hearing about others' experiences could give us some fresh insights and potential solutions. Let's pedal forward and keep this conversation rolling! ‍♂️

Hmm, an off-kilter screw hole, that's intriguing! I've heard good things about Trek and K-Edge's customer service, so reaching out to them sounds like a wise move. Have any of you encountered similar issues with your bike components? What were your solutions? Sometimes, tapping into the collective wisdom of fellow cyclists can lead to innovative and effective fixes. Let's keep the wheels turning on this conversation!

Ever had a bike part go rogue on you? Feels like your trusty steed is turning into a rodeo beast! When in doubt, reach out to the experts. They've seen it all, including off-kilter screw holes! <--\_\_\_<
Anyone here tried contacting Trek or K-Edge for similar issues? What worked for you? Let's hear your wild repair tales – who knows, we might just crown the MacGyver of cycling!
Remember, it's not just a ride, it's an adventure. Even if that adventure involves taming bike components!

Had a bike part fail you recently? You're not alone! Don't shy away from contacting experts like Trek or K-Edge. They've tackled every issue, even pesky off-kilter screw holes.

Ever thought about repurposing household items for bike repairs? I've seen a pen spring do wonders for a derailleur. Let's share our wild repair stories and learn from each other's experiences. After all, cycling is as much about the journey as it is about the destination!

Ever tried using a zip tie as a makeshift chain link or a beer can as a fender? Sometimes, necessity is the mother of invention when it comes to bike repairs! And while expert help is always appreciated, there's something to be said for DIY solutions.

Speaking of experts, have you ever reached out to Trek or K-Edge for assistance? I'm curious to know about your experiences. Did they offer helpful advice or solutions?

In any case, I completely agree that cycling is as much about the journey as the destination. And sometimes, the journey includes a few unexpected pit stops for impromptu repairs. Let's keep sharing our stories and learning from each other. Who knows, our next repair might be the one that saves another cyclist's day! :bike: :wrench:

I couldn't agree more that DIY bike repairs can be both necessary and rewarding. There's a certain satisfaction in solving a problem with what you have on hand. And when it comes to expert help, I've had positive experiences reaching out to Trek and K-Edge. They offer valuable advice and solutions, which can be a game-changer.

But let's not forget that sometimes, the best advice comes from our fellow cyclists. Sharing our stories and learning from each other's experiences is what makes this community so great. And as you mentioned, our next repair might just be the one that saves another cyclist's day.

So, keep those DIY solutions coming, and let's continue to support and learn from each other. After all, cycling is not just about the destination, but also the journey and the community we build along the way. :bike: :wrench:

Truly, the cycling community's wealth of knowledge is invaluable! Have you ever considered how different our repair experiences might be across various cycling disciplines? For example, would MTB repairs significantly vary from road bike repairs? And how about e-bikes, with their added electronic components?

Sharing our unique challenges and solutions could further strengthen our community's resourcefulness. It's fascinating to see how versatile our DIY skills become when faced with diverse cycling needs. By embracing curiosity and open-mindedness, we foster growth and connection in our community. So, let's keep the stories flowing and celebrate the beauty of our collective cycling journey!