Screw you guys...I'm still going to watch and enjoy it!

cheapie

Aug 16, 2004
yeah, the doping sucks but i'm still enjoying watching. so i'll join the ranting and whine and complain as much as y'all....but i'm still going to watch and have fun doing so.

conto? prolly doped but until it's proven, i don't care.

levi? he's struggling but still there. evans? even though so many here repeatedly bashed him in the early stages, he's still there.

and how much fun is it watching the barlow world riders?

after all, it's just a bike race. it's not like it's ohio state vs. michigan or something! :p

/runs and hides. :D

cheapie said:
yeah, the doping sucks but i'm still enjoying watching. so i'll join the ranting and whine and complain as much as y'all....but i'm still going to watch and have fun doing so.

levi? he's struggling but still there. evans? even though so many here repeatedly bashed him in the early stages, he's still there.

after all, it's just a bike race. it's not like it's ohio state vs. michigan or something! :p

Rock on, cheapie! I'm with it til the bitter end (and bitter it may be ;) ). And all the grumblers who say they are done with it are going to be watching it too!

God bless you both -- I've been saying the same thing for months. Let 'em dope. They ride for my entertainment, and the faster they go, the faster I can get back to work. So long as testing only catches the unlucky riders, it's an arbitrary system. Stop mucking about with the race, and let them ride!

I'm with you as well.
As much as the drama's suck (it's necessary today for it to be a better tomorrow), there is still a close bike race happening and I'll still be watching and enjoying it for what it is.

I love the coverage as well for the views through the mountains, the country towns/villages and the old architecture.

cheapie said:

Thumbs up cheapie!

cheapie said:

I'm not. The ONLY THING that was saving this tour was the epic battle between Rasmussen and Contador. That was breathtaking to watch, as was his time trial when he passed Valverde. Now the competition's been decided by a bunch of guys in an office, NOT by riders on a road. No thanks.

donrhummy said:
I'm not. The ONLY THING that was saving this tour was the epic battle between Rasmussen and Contador. That was breathtaking to watch, as was his time trial when he passed Valverde. Now the competition's been decided by a bunch of guys in an office, NOT by riders on a road. No thanks.
To clarify, it's decided by a bunch of guys in a gynecologist's office.

nns1400 said:
I'm with it til the bitter end (and bitter it may be ;) ). And all the grumblers who say they are done with it are going to be watching it too!
God bless ya, but all this **** - Astana yanking the rug out from under Klodi, Rasmussen being drummed out of the yellow jersey on suspicion - blech. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Perhaps like the battered woman I'll be back next year, perhaps not. Certainly this should be the end of the Gerolsteiner and T-Mobile teams, and perhaps Astana. Right now the post-TdF shakeout should be more interesting than the shattered remains of the race will be.

I'll be watching.

Though it may end up looking like I am watching a video of one my club rides instead of the TDF by the time they get through kicking everyone out. (fecetious comment :) )

It's like train wreck! It's against human nature just can't look away. People will watch to see and ***** about the outcome.

I'll be watching it too. yes, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth, but the nay-sayers will never ruin cycling as a sporting spectacle for me. Kudos to the person who started this thread.

trucker39 said:
I'll be watching it too. yes, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth, but the nay-sayers will never ruin cycling as a sporting spectacle for me. Kudos to the person who started this thread.
ita

cheapie said:

This reminds me.

David Walsh was interviewed on this evenings Last Word radio program.

He was talking about the 07 TDF and he said "even though I know that there are a lot of riders doping....I still watch the TDF because I love watching cycling. That is the catch for me. I love to watch cycling".

As fans, a small part of all of us, still want to believe.

Minor league. Georgia/Florida:p

Lucy 7 said:
Minor league. Georgia/Florida:p

Or Tennessee vs Florida = major warfare!

cheapie said:
Ya gotta remember that for most of us watching the Tour is just entertainment. That we're getting a train wreck of doping scandal just adds to the drama.