screwed up with bike on top of car

Status
Not open for further replies.
My XC ski coach and I were traveling to the Dartmouth course to check it out the day before a race.
We were in the team van, and it had the ski box attached to the top.

Needing to make a stop at the bank, he pulled into the drive through, and *crunch* took out a big
piece of the drive through bay. He missed clearing it by about 6 inches. He apologized to the bank
manager, and mentioned that he was a handyman, and that he could return the next day and fix it
himself. They seemed satisfied by this.

When he went to fix it, he measured its actual (pre-accident) height, and found that the molding he
had crushed was 8 inches lower than the clearance sign indicated. At that point he decided they
could fix it themselves.

-CM

Christopher Moyer

Student in Counseling Psychology Department of Educational Psychology University of Illinois at
Urbana/Champaign

On 27 Dec 2002, Terence Griffin wrote:

> Yakima makes a flip-up sign that magnets to the hood right in front of the driver's windsheild. At
> cruising speed, the wind pushes the sign down. When you slow down, it pops up. It is reflective
> and has a mirrored surface facing up from the part that sticks to the hood. So even in dull
> lighting, it is still noticible.
>
> I like the trash can idea! We don't have a garage so it not a problem.
>
> I did drive into a publis parking garage with my biks on the rack. I could fit through the
> entrence just fine, but the roof lower deeper in. I started clipping the insulation off the cross
> beam with my seat. The attendant came running after me before I any real damage. I scuffed the
> seat pretty bad and the pressure left dents from the towers of the rear crossbar, and the wheel
> try was flipped down. but my bike was undamaged. Fhew!
>
> - Tere
>
> "Joseph King, Ph.D." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > At our house, when you put the bikes on top of the car we also move the garage-dooor-remote from
> > its usual place in the car so that we can't reach for it out of habit.
> >
> > That won't save you from city parking structures as a friend of mine discovered on day many
> > years ago - his car and both our bikes sustained only minor damage. -joe
> >
> > brian roth wrote:
> >
> > > Next time, haul the garbage cans in front of the garage, so you'll have to get out of the car
> > > to move them........

A couple of years ago there was a pamphlet distributed at local USCF races advertising insurance
for bicycle insurance, which covered both races and recreation riding. It was only $100 a year. I
though was a great deal, considering I had just forked over quite a bit of money to get the bike in
working order after some clown had taken me down in the local crit. It wasn't until I got the
policy statement in the mail that I found out there was a $500 deductable. What a bunch of horse
****. It wasn't mentioned in the pamphlet at all. I called and demanded my money back, but they
wouldn't budge.

- Boyd S.

Casey Kerrigan <[email protected]> wrote in news:291220020843288523%[email protected]:

<snip>

> I remember at one time there was an insurance agent who ran Ads in our regional newsletter about
> getting insurance for your bike that covered crash damage. It was coverage that could be added to
> your home owners insurance.
>
> Casey

<snip

Sorry, but it has a lot to do with it.

If you're to stupid to use a computer and must resort to using the internet through your television,
you shouldn't call anyone else a dumbass.

Ok Mr. Ronde "AOL... its so easy.... even *I* can use it." Champ? LOL

ps. Its *really original* how you made fun of my last name. I hadn't heard that one since about the
5th grade... grow up.

"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Boyd Spearchucker,
>
> What exactly does someone's choise of ISP have to do with anything?
>
> Please explain.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Champ

<snip

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
> Sorry, but it has a lot to do with it.
>
> If you're to stupid to use a computer and must resort to using the internet through your
> television, you shouldn't call anyone else a dumbass.
>
> Ok Mr. Ronde "AOL... its so easy.... even *I* can use it." Champ? LOL
>
> ps. Its *really original* how you made fun of my last name. I hadn't heard that one since about
> the 5th grade... grow up.
>

Sorry, but top-posters even have less palmares than AOL and WebTV users.

Greg

> "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>
>>Boyd Spearchucker,
>>
>>What exactly does someone's choise of ISP have to do with anything?
>>
>>Please explain.
>>
>>Thanks, Ronde Champ
>
>
> <snip>

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry, but it has a lot to do with it.
>
> If you're to stupid to use a computer and must resort to using the
internet
> through your television, you shouldn't call anyone else a dumbass.
>
> Ok Mr. Ronde "AOL... its so easy.... even *I* can use it." Champ? LOL

Boyd,

Dumbass. I don't have an AOL account. Number two, combining the internet and your ccomputer is Pure
Genius. Can you not see that?

Thanks, Ronde Champ

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
> > Sorry, but it has a lot to do with it.
> >
> > If you're to stupid to use a computer and must resort to using the
internet
> > through your television, you shouldn't call anyone else a dumbass.
> >
> > Ok Mr. Ronde "AOL... its so easy.... even *I* can use it." Champ? LOL
> >
> > ps. Its *really original* how you made fun of my last name. I hadn't heard that one since about
> > the 5th grade... grow up.
> >
>
> Sorry, but top-posters even have less palmares than AOL and WebTV users.
>

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.