SDRAM Quick link

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve Walford, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
    dammed things

Observations Chain is inevitably to long so need a chain splitter to shorten Cannot undo so need
    chain splitter to split chain

Thanks Steve

Remove nospam from email address to reply

Tags:

2. Eatmorepies

Eatmorepies Guest

"Steve Walford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
    > dammed things
    >

I hold the ajoining links, waggle the links laterally and push them together at the same time. As I
    usually do this after the chain has been on my mountiuan bike for some time it usually takes a
    minute or two. If I am at home I use pliers instead of thumbs - this is much quicker.

John

3. Frank°

Frank° Guest

"Eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Steve Walford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
    > > dammed things
    > >
    >
    > I hold the ajoining links, waggle the links laterally and push them
    together
    > at the same time. As I usually do this after the chain has been on my mountiuan bike for some time
    > it usually takes a minute or two. If I am at home I use pliers instead of thumbs - this is much
    > quicker.
    >
    The first time I went out with one my chain got twisted and I spent hours trying to get the
    powerlink off.

So when I got home I took the chain off the bike cleaned it up and spent some time just playing
    getting it on and off, now I can easilly get it off a dirty chain on the bike. Its just technique.

4. Pete Biggs

Pete Biggs Guest

Steve Walford wrote:
    > Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
    > dammed things

Squeeze and push hard at the same time. There's a diagram on www.sram.com

~PB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.