SDRAM Quick link

Steve Walford

Guest
Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
dammed things

Observations Chain is inevitably to long so need a chain splitter to shorten Cannot undo so need
chain splitter to split chain

Thanks Steve

Remove nospam from email address to reply

"Steve Walford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
> dammed things

I hold the ajoining links, waggle the links laterally and push them together at the same time. As I
usually do this after the chain has been on my mountiuan bike for some time it usually takes a
minute or two. If I am at home I use pliers instead of thumbs - this is much quicker.

John

"Eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Steve Walford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
> > dammed things
> >

> I hold the ajoining links, waggle the links laterally and push them
together
> at the same time. As I usually do this after the chain has been on my mountiuan bike for some time
> it usually takes a minute or two. If I am at home I use pliers instead of thumbs - this is much
> quicker.

The first time I went out with one my chain got twisted and I spent hours trying to get the
powerlink off.

So when I got home I took the chain off the bike cleaned it up and spent some time just playing
getting it on and off, now I can easilly get it off a dirty chain on the bike. Its just technique.

Steve Walford wrote:
> Never used a quick link before but my LBS persuaded me to use one question how do you split the
> dammed things

Squeeze and push hard at the same time. There's a diagram on www.sram.com

~PB