SE Freway bikepath death???

phamcam

Mar 26, 2004
Hi,
does anyone know what was happening on the SE bikepath this morning???

The police had it blocked off with no access either east or west.

When I crossed at mc rob bridge you could see a body on the path with a sheet covering it......

Hope it was not a rider, it looked very serious.

ph

a friend also told me of a rider down, Traffic stopped, ambulance attending.
Doncaster Rd, westbound side, North balwyn, blue bike, no more details available

Heard nothing so far, it could of been non-cycling related. If that's any recompense. :(

cfsmtb said:
Heard nothing so far, it could of been non-cycling related. If that's any recompense. :(
This is a somewhat reluctant post... but I have been trying to find out the outcome of the fellow all day to no avail. Why reluctant? Because recently when someone posted a 'rider down' post I spent a frantic time trying to contact my sweetie who was training with the rider who was injured. I guess many of us could point to main cycling/training areas and say "I hope it isn't [insert name]" or "that sounds like [name]".

I was leaving the city and stopped at a small group of cyclists and runners; someone was being attended to by some people who had stopped for first aid. (I got this info from a young woman whose running partner was one of the first aiders. I have a basic first aid qual and was checking that it wasn't needed.) I have no idea what had happened before getting there; nor did the woman I spoke with. Someone was calling an ambulance. I rode up the track a little to warn others that the path was blocked ahead so they could slow down until I saw the police and heard the ambulance arriving shortly after.

As the OP said, on the return trip to the city the police were diverting people from the path. I hope that the outcome for the injured - whatever they were doing on the path - has been ok. We all have family and friends who expect us home at the end of the day - my thoughts are with both the injured and those who care for him.

ali

alison_b said:
This is a somewhat reluctant post... but I have been trying to find out the outcome of the fellow all day to no avail. Why reluctant? Because recently when someone posted a 'rider down' post I spent a frantic time trying to contact my sweetie who was training with the rider who was injured. I guess many of us could point to main cycling/training areas and say "I hope it isn't [insert name]" or "that sounds like [name]".

The latest I hear via 3AW, was the incident was a cyclist who suffered a fatal heart attack, no suspicious circumstances. :(