Sea Otter Bike Race in Santa Cruz Friday 4/11

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Cycle America/N, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. The Sea Otter Classic, developing into America's premier cycling event, is bringing a small part of
    its show to Santa Cruz tomorrow. Friday April 11, from 8 AM until 5:30 in the afternoon, USCF road
    racers will be circling the roads of Lighthouse Field. The huge bike celebration at Laugna Seca,
    outside of Monterey, that this criterium is a part of, continues at Laguna Seca in Monterey thru
    Sunday 4/13.

    The Santa Cruz stage is new this year!

    See http://seaotterclassic.com

    --
    MARTIN KRIEG: "Awake Again" Author c/o BikeRoute.com 79 & 86 TransAms, nonprofit Nat. Bicycle
    Greenway CEO

    Ever wanted anything so bad U were willing to die for it? Really die? By moving thru clinical death
    and reversing paralysis, *I saw God* when I answered that question.

    Tags:

  2. [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for
    details. ]]

    In article <100420031541084594%[email protected]>, Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The Sea Otter Classic, developing into America's premier cycling event, is bringing a small part
    > of its show to Santa Cruz tomorrow. Friday April 11, from 8 AM until 5:30 in the afternoon, USCF
    > road racers will be circling the roads of Lighthouse Field. The huge bike celebration at Laugna
    > Seca, outside of Monterey, that this criterium is a part of, continues at Laguna Seca in Monterey
    > thru Sunday 4/13.
    >
    > The Santa Cruz stage is new this year!
    >
    > See http://seaotterclassic.com

    You might want to check the web site above for the latest news. No Crit in Santa Cruz this Fri.

    There will be an unrelated Crit in Santa Cruz on sunday. you can check out
    http://www.velopromo.com/scrz-ent.htm for details

  3. Velocat

    Velocat Guest

    Casey Kerrigan wrote:

    > You might want to check the web site above for the latest news. No Crit in Santa Cruz this Fri.

    According to the web site, no pro crit, the amateur events will go on as planned.

  4. In article <[email protected].newsguy.com>, VeloCat <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Casey Kerrigan wrote:
    > >

    > > You might want to check the web site above for the latest news. No Crit in Santa Cruz this Fri.
    > >

    > According to the web site, no pro crit, the amateur events will go on as planned.

    Yea I saw that a little later. Still the main attraction for most spectators would be the elite
    riders I would think.

  5. VeloCat wrote:
    > Casey Kerrigan wrote:
    >

    >> You might want to check the web site above for the latest news. No Crit in Santa Cruz this Fri.
    >>

    > According to the web site, no pro crit, the amateur events will go on as planned.

    Procrit? That's a banned performance-enhacing drug, you know.

  6. Velocat

    Velocat Guest

    Casey Kerrigan wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, VeloCat <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Casey Kerrigan wrote:
    >>

    >>>You might want to check the web site above for the latest news. No Crit in Santa Cruz this Fri.
    >>>

    >>According to the web site, no pro crit, the amateur events will go on as planned.
    >>

    > Yea I saw that a little later. Still the main attraction for most spectators would be the elite
    > riders I would think.

    Spectators, yes. Amateur racers, no.

  7. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    "Randall R Schulz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Procrit? That's a banned performance-enhacing drug, you
    know.

    I've wondered if the name was chosen with Euro athletes in mind...

    Matt O.

  8. Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > "Randall R Schulz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Procrit? That's a banned performance-enhacing drug, you
    >
    > know.
    >
    > I've wondered if the name was chosen with Euro athletes in mind...
    >
    > Matt O.

    I always thought the allusion to "procreate" was more likely.

    Dan