Seaford, longest spring road race on the East Coast

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andrew Albright, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. As of right now, there are 79 people signed up for the "A" race, and 61 people signed up for
    the "B" race.

    If you want to pre-register and avoid the unnecessary late fee, register online by tommorrow
    (tuesday) night.

    Online registration: http://www.bikereg.com/races/register.asp?EventID=500

    Race website: http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/races/seaford/

    Flyer: http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/races/seaford/seaford2003.html

    Host Hotel -Holiday Inn Express Seaford: Make reserves before April 4th to get the special bicycle
    race weekend rate of $60.00 (+tax) per night.
    http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/races/seaford/hosthotelinfo.html

    New Sponsor for the event: Ocean Velo Club (OVC) is a small USCF road racing club out of Salisbury,
    MD. Primary a loose group of Masters, there are about a dozen active members. Riding out of
    Bikesport (www.rmbikes.com) at 1013 South Salisbury Boulevard near the University, OVC
    rides many of the same roads as the Seagull Century. There is a Tuesday evening 40-mile
    hammerfest from April 'till October through the quiet asphalt roads of the Pocomoke Forest.
    Anyone wishing to join the Tuesday night ride should contact Bikesport to confirm departure
    time & weather.

    Thanks, Andrew Albright
    p.s. I rode 1hr to work today, and 1 hr home. first exercise since Early Dec. I've gotten fat and
    out-of-shape. How much more training do I have to do, to become a good-rbrish Masters racer?

    Tags:

  2. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Unless South Carolina has picked up and moved west, their Patriot Trail race, near Rock Hill, at 110
    miles, scheduled for this Sunday, exceeds your "longest" east coast RR distance. There was a 125
    mile RR in FL last month, too. Maybe your race is the longest early April, Mid-Atlantic training
    road race? Greg

  3. [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Unless South Carolina has picked up and moved west, their Patriot Trail race, near Rock Hill, at
    > 110 miles, scheduled for this Sunday, exceeds your "longest" east coast RR distance. There was a
    > 125 mile RR in FL last month, too.

    Dear BikeRecker,

    Florida and South Carolina are in the SOUTH. You're geography is good enough to put you on the NCAA
    selection committee

    > Maybe your race is the longest early April, Mid-Atlantic training road race?

    It is that too. It is all things to all people.

    Thanks, -A

  4. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Andrew Albright wrote:

    > p.s. I rode 1hr to work today, and 1 hr home. first exercise since Early Dec. I've gotten fat and
    > out-of-shape. How much more training do I have to do, to become a good-rbrish Masters racer?

    Remember all that training you were doing at your peak? That wasn't enough.

    You're welcome, Bret

  5. J. Chup

    J. Chup Guest

    Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Andrew Albright wrote:
    >
    > > p.s. I rode 1hr to work today, and 1 hr home. first exercise since Early Dec. I've gotten fat
    > > and out-of-shape. How much more training do I have to do, to become a good-rbrish Masters
    > > racer?
    >
    > Remember all that training you were doing at your peak? That wasn't enough.
    >
    > You're welcome, Bret

    I'm fairly certain that Seaford is below the Mason-Dixon line, which means it's both on the East
    Coast and in the South. Enjoy hours of Google searching to find out...

    Regards, RBR lurker

  6. [email protected] (J. Chup) wrote in message news:<

    > I'm fairly certain that Seaford is below the Mason-Dixon line,

    It is below part of the line, but it is on the Eastern side of it (Mason-Dixon line runs north and
    south in Delaware.

    http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/races/seaford/SeafordRRMap.jpg

    The road race course in fact travels right next to it, on that map it is the yellow dashed line on
    the far left. apparently, there are some historic markers along the course, so if you get dropped
    you can stop and check out part of history.

    To learn more: http://freespace.virgin.net/john.cletheroe/usa_can/usa/mas_dix.htm

    > which means it's both on the East Coast and in the South. Enjoy hours of Google searching to
    > find out...

    Actually, the Mason-Dixon line was made to shore up a border dispute between the Calverts (Maryland)
    and Penns (Pennsylvania)

    There will be an open book quiz at the end of the road race on Sunday.

  7. Mason Dixon line....

    Ok, I am studying for the test.

    Please tell the rain gods to clear up the skies before 12:30pm on Saturday for me.

    Thanks,

    David Sommerville "born on the other end of the Mason Dixon line in Kentucky"

    "Andrew Albright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (J. Chup) wrote in message news:<
    >

    > > I'm fairly certain that Seaford is below the Mason-Dixon line,
    >
    > It is below part of the line, but it is on the Eastern side of it (Mason-Dixon line runs north and
    > south in Delaware.
    >
    > http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/races/seaford/SeafordRRMap.jpg
    >
    > The road race course in fact travels right next to it, on that map it is the yellow dashed line on
    > the far left. apparently, there are some historic markers along the course, so if you get dropped
    > you can stop and check out part of history.
    >
    > To learn more: http://freespace.virgin.net/john.cletheroe/usa_can/usa/mas_dix.htm
    >
    > > which means it's both on the East Coast and in the South. Enjoy hours of Google searching to
    > > find out...
    >
    > Actually, the Mason-Dixon line was made to shore up a border dispute between the Calverts
    > (Maryland) and Penns (Pennsylvania)
    >
    > There will be an open book quiz at the end of the road race on Sunday.

  8. [email protected] (Andrew Albright) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (J. Chup) wrote in message news:<
    >

    > > I'm fairly certain that Seaford is below the Mason-Dixon line,
    >
    > It is below part of the line, but it is on the Eastern side of it (Mason-Dixon line runs north and
    > south in Delaware.
    >
    > http://www.monkeyhillcs.com/races/seaford/SeafordRRMap.jpg
    >
    > The road race course in fact travels right next to it, on that map it is the yellow dashed line on
    > the far left. apparently, there are some historic markers along the course, so if you get dropped
    > you can stop and check out part of history.
    >
    > To learn more: http://freespace.virgin.net/john.cletheroe/usa_can/usa/mas_dix.htm
    >
    > > which means it's both on the East Coast and in the South. Enjoy hours of Google searching to
    > > find out...
    >
    > Actually, the Mason-Dixon line was made to shore up a border dispute between the Calverts
    > (Maryland) and Penns (Pennsylvania)
    >
    > There will be an open book quiz at the end of the road race on Sunday.

    Call me silly and all, but isn't South Carolina on the East Coast and in the South? And the same for
    Florida? Since both states touch the Atlantic ocean, they qualify for East Coast status.

    Tom