seal mask or kaiman goggle?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Kraftwerker, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Kraftwerker

    Kraftwerker Guest

    Hello,

    In order to get finally rid of a leaking goggle during the swim I'm gonna purchase a goggle from
    Aquasphere.

    Now I'm wondering what I should buy for the triathlon. A Kaiman goggle or a Seal mask?

    In Belgium we can swim only, at the max., 4 months outdoors so I don't know if it makes sense to buy
    a Seal Mask for 8 months of indoor swimming.

    Waiting for advice

    thanks

    Guy

    Tags:

  2. Bob Creasote

    Bob Creasote Guest

    Both are good ones. The Seal seems like more of an outdoor/allpurpose watersports google. I suppose
    you checked out the web site. I'd go with the Kaiman simply because they are more compact but I
    wouldn't be afraid of the seal either. Kaimans have UV protection too which is good. (I guess the
    seal does too but the website doesn't say.). I'd say it comes down to comfort.

    cheers

    Bob

    "Kraftwerker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > In order to get finally rid of a leaking goggle during the swim I'm gonna purchase a goggle from
    > Aquasphere.
    >
    > Now I'm wondering what I should buy for the triathlon. A Kaiman goggle or a Seal mask?
    >
    > In Belgium we can swim only, at the max., 4 months outdoors so I don't
    know
    > if it makes sense to buy a Seal Mask for 8 months of indoor swimming.
    >
    > Waiting for advice
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Guy

  3. Bernie Hall

    Bernie Hall Guest

    BIG TIP HERE: My friend borrowed my Seal Mask and we neglected to practice with swim caps on. In a
    1/2 Ironman swim, he lost 15 minutes fooling with leakage until a kayaker told him his problem was
    that his cap came down below the mask and was creating a leak. So keep your swim cap above the mask!

    "Kraftwerker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > In order to get finally rid of a leaking goggle during the swim I'm gonna purchase a goggle from
    > Aquasphere.
    >
    > Now I'm wondering what I should buy for the triathlon. A Kaiman goggle or a Seal mask?
    >
    > In Belgium we can swim only, at the max., 4 months outdoors so I don't know if it makes sense to
    > buy a Seal Mask for 8 months of indoor swimming.
    >
    > Waiting for advice
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Guy

  4. M Kochanski

    M Kochanski Guest

    I have both. For me, the kaiman seals better, keeps the water out better. I wore the Kaiman for IM
    WI, to have less "hanging" out to catch on a foot or hand. The Kaiman has good visibility too

    I use my Seal for regular open water swimming, but at times it will be a bit leaky.

    Seems like this is all personal preference, like choosing a lot of the equipment.

    MK

    "Kraftwerker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > In order to get finally rid of a leaking goggle during the swim I'm gonna purchase a goggle from
    > Aquasphere.
    >
    > Now I'm wondering what I should buy for the triathlon. A Kaiman goggle or a Seal mask?
    >
    > In Belgium we can swim only, at the max., 4 months outdoors so I don't know if it makes sense to
    > buy a Seal Mask for 8 months of indoor swimming.
    >
    > Waiting for advice
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Guy

  5. Kraftwerker

    Kraftwerker Guest

    Thanks for the response!

    "Kraftwerker" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:D[email protected]...