Sealskinz or Goretex

domaindomain

Dec 20, 2004
I know a lot of the audience in from Aus and that this thread about wet weather cycling won't really apply .... ;-) but

we just started to stock sealskinz socks and have them on ebay and will do the gloves too. I have used them personally and think they are excellent - waterproof, fully breathable and very comfortable. The special bike sock is easily thin enough to wear with normal cycling shoes.

But what do you prefer - Selskinz or an equivalent in Goretex (which are often twice as much but many people swear by it)...

Cheers

bicyclerubber.com

All the rubber your bikes need !

domaindomain said:
I know a lot of the audience in from Aus and that this thread about wet weather cycling won't really apply .... ;-) but

we just started to stock sealskinz socks and have them on ebay and will do the gloves too. I have used them personally and think they are excellent - waterproof, fully breathable and very comfortable. The special bike sock is easily thin enough to wear with normal cycling shoes.

But what do you prefer - Selskinz or an equivalent in Goretex (which are often twice as much but many people swear by it)...

Cheers

bicyclerubber.com

All the rubber your bikes need !
I used sealskinz once and they sucked a big one. Sent em back. Never again. Gortex is a proven product that has stood the test of time.

The advantage Goretex has is the warranty from the sock manufacturer AND the warranty Goretex provides. You're double covered.
However I've tried both and neither one worked very well simply because I sweat more than either one can vent. I still end up with wet feet.

I like plastic sandwich bags and/or neoprene booties depending on the day.

lumpy said:
The advantage Goretex has is the warranty from the sock manufacturer AND the warranty Goretex provides. You're double covered.
However I've tried both and neither one worked very well simply because I sweat more than either one can vent. I still end up with wet feet.

I like plastic sandwich bags and/or neoprene booties depending on the day.
Yeah, and you have more money for beer too.