Sean Eadie wins doping appeal

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
This is good news!

AUSTRALIAN sprint cyclist Sean Eadie is likely to regain his Olympic berth after a drugs case against him was dismissed tonight.

A special hearing of the Court of Arbitration For Sport (CAS) dismissed the case against Eadie, who had been accused of trying to import banned human growth hormone in 1998 and 1999.

Eadie declared himself delighted with the outcome after a hearing lasting just under four hours before Judge Jerrold Cripps, QC, in Sydney tonight.

Eadie's lawyer Bernard Gross, QC, said he expected there would now be no impediment to Eadie's return to the Olympic team.

Eadie had his nomination for the team suspended after Australian Olympic Commission president John Coates told Cycling Australia that Eadie was not welcome in the team going to Athens.

AAP reported earlier that Eadie had lost his appeal.

AAP

steve said:
This is good news!
Yep, it is. :)

I didn't have sufficient facts to judge the accusation when the story broke, but I'd hoped it would be dismissed. Although I've only followed cycling for a few years, Sean's attitude -- particularly during the Track World Cup & Track World's earlier this year -- made a really good impression on me.

(I just wish he'd get rid of the facial fungus again... although it does make him impossible to misidentify! :D)