Seat Adjusted, still pain!?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by mjfc44, Mar 7, 2006.

1. mjfc44

mjfc44 New Member

I had posted on here earlier about pain behind my right knee. I think it was cause my seat was to high, so I lowered it, but have not taken it for a ride yet, cause I wanted the leg to heal. Its been about 3 to 4 days since I have rested, and I can still feel some pain back there. I'm hoping I did not tear or pull anything back there. Any suggestions on when to get back on the bike or what to do?

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Being a skier and a cyclist I have had a number of knee injuries,mostly from skiing.
    I suggest that you are the best person to determine what you can stand.
    I also suggest that you start out slowly,avoid climbing,harsh stress on the knee and attempt to loosen the knee by warming up on level terrain.
    Sometime just getting the circulation going can help healing as long as you don't overdo it.
    Apply cold if swelling occurs followed by heat the next day.
    Hopefully it is just some over-exerted soft tissue and not a tear.
    Still if sharp pain persists an MRI may be in your future.
    I have mixed feelings about elastic braces since they reduce circulation.
    A soft tissue injury can take weeks to heal.

3. UNF_Chaz

UNF_Chaz New Member

unless it magically feels better in the next 12 hours... I would seek advice from someone in the medical field (a doctor) to establish what the problem is.

4. WarrenG

WarrenG New Member

I agree with all of the above, and perhaps the first rides should be short and restricted to very low resistance on an indoor trainer. Increased blood flow is good, followed by some icing after the ride.

It could just be some minor tendon or ligament strain(s) and NSAIDS and other anti-inflammatories could help you recover faster.

5. pilotgoddess

pilotgoddess New Member