Seat angle adjustment

Hi bent friends,

If I recline the seat more on the bike do I need to slide it forward or
backward to compensate for the change in distance to pedals? Thank you
for your help as always. Anj

[email protected] wrote:

> If I recline the seat more on the bike do I need to slide it forward or
> backward to compensate for the change in distance to pedals?

It will depend upon the specific implementation: on my Streetmachine
there's no need, but I can think of possible mechanisms where it might
need doing. The easy way to find out is empirically: alter the angle,
and see if you have a problem pedalling...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi bent friends,
>
> If I recline the seat more on the bike do I need to slide it forward or
> backward to compensate for the change in distance to pedals? Thank you
> for your help as always. Anj

It depends on the seat, if I reclined my mesh seat on the Vision it did not
affect distance to the pedals, if I recline my hardshell it requires
shortening of the boom to compensate

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi bent friends,
>
> If I recline the seat more on the bike do I need to slide it forward or
> backward to compensate for the change in distance to pedals? Thank you
> for your help as always. Anj

The constant point is 9 inches up from the seat bottom. You measure that
distance from the crank spindle to the constant point. All seats on
every recumbent your ride can now be set. Every one has the same
characteristic distance and can adjust all seats to the same distance.

--
Protect the separation of church and state.
Institute the separation of business and state.

Reply to [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Mark Leuck wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Hi bent friends,
>>
>>If I recline the seat more on the bike do I need to slide it forward or
>>backward to compensate for the change in distance to pedals? Thank you
>>for your help as always. Anj

> It depends on the seat, if I reclined my mesh seat on the Vision it did not
> affect distance to the pedals, if I recline my hardshell it requires
> shortening of the boom to compensate

I have noticed that reclining the seat on Rocket requires I move the
seat forward. I suspect that on the Rans with it's fixed seat, the
lowering of the back raised the front edge to the seat and my legs
effectively shortening them. At least that is my theory. :)

"Joe Schmoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Hi bent friends,
> >>
> >>If I recline the seat more on the bike do I need to slide it forward or
> >>backward to compensate for the change in distance to pedals? Thank you
> >>for your help as always. Anj

> > It depends on the seat, if I reclined my mesh seat on the Vision it did

not
> > affect distance to the pedals, if I recline my hardshell it requires
> > shortening of the boom to compensate
> >

> I have noticed that reclining the seat on Rocket requires I move the
> seat forward. I suspect that on the Rans with it's fixed seat, the
> lowering of the back raised the front edge to the seat and my legs
> effectively shortening them. At least that is my theory. :)

Not a theory, that's accurate and the same thing happens with my Baron
hardshell