Seat angle

Guest
Is there a way to adjust the angle that your seat is at? mine is lower in
the front and I would like to make it level so I stop sliding forward it.
thanks for your help on this.

Jerry

On Mar 30, 11:10 am, <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is there a way to adjust the angle that your seat is at? mine is lower in
> the front and I would like to make it level so I stop sliding forward it.
> thanks for your help on this.
>
> Jerry

The saddle is mounted on a "seatpost".
The other end of the seatpost goes down into the frame of the bicycle.

Look up under the saddle - you should be able to see how the saddle is
mounted onto the seatpost.

On some, there is a aluminium clamp permanently attached to the end of
the seatpost - this is normally adjusted with an Allen key.

On others, there is a seperate steel clamp which bolts to both the top
of the seatpost and the bottom of the saddle. This type is normally
adjusted with a wrench.

Loosen up the clamp fitting at the top of the seatpost, level the
saddle, and tighten the fitting back up. Don't wail on it, but make
sure you do it up fairly tight. Most people find their saddles
comfortable when it's very close to dead level.

Be aware that on most bikes, you can also slide the saddle back and
forward by adjusting the same clamp. Just make one adjustment at a
time though - set the saddle level, ride the bike for a while, see how
you get on.

hth,

bookieb

"bookieb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mar 30, 11:10 am, <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Is there a way to adjust the angle that your seat is at? mine is lower in
>> the front and I would like to make it level so I stop sliding forward it.
>> thanks for your help on this.
>>
>> Jerry

> The saddle is mounted on a "seatpost".
> The other end of the seatpost goes down into the frame of the bicycle.
>
> Look up under the saddle - you should be able to see how the saddle is
> mounted onto the seatpost.
>
> On some, there is a aluminium clamp permanently attached to the end of
> the seatpost - this is normally adjusted with an Allen key.
>
> On others, there is a seperate steel clamp which bolts to both the top
> of the seatpost and the bottom of the saddle. This type is normally
> adjusted with a wrench.
>
> Loosen up the clamp fitting at the top of the seatpost, level the
> saddle, and tighten the fitting back up. Don't wail on it, but make
> sure you do it up fairly tight. Most people find their saddles
> comfortable when it's very close to dead level.
>
> Be aware that on most bikes, you can also slide the saddle back and
> forward by adjusting the same clamp. Just make one adjustment at a
> time though - set the saddle level, ride the bike for a while, see how
> you get on.
>
> hth,
>
> bookieb

Thanks i just took a look at it and found that it has a wedge on the seat
mount used a level and put it at level i'll give it a try tomorrow. thank
you for the help.

Jerry