Seat Bag for a RANS Tailwind 2002

Ed

Guest
Looking for suggestions for a good seat bag for this bike. (The type that attach to the back of your
seat.) I understand the Bike E seat bags were great but I believe they are no longer available. All
comments and suggestions would be most welcome.

Ed

Ed, try www.fastbacksystem.com, for a hydration system that also includes a gear bag. There's a
version specifically for RANS seats.

Mike Vogl FastBack Designs

[email protected] (Ed) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Looking for suggestions for a good seat bag for this bike. (The type that attach to the back of
> your seat.) I understand the Bike E seat bags were great but I believe they are no longer
> available. All comments and suggestions would be most welcome.
>
> Ed

[email protected] (Ed) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Looking for suggestions for a good seat bag for this bike. (The type that attach to the back of
> your seat.) I understand the Bike E seat bags were great but I believe they are no longer
> available. All comments and suggestions would be most welcome.
>
> Ed

Ed: I assume you have the standard RANS seat. The best bag I have found for the RANS seat is the
Lone Peak bag put out under the Hostelshoppe name which is similar to the RANS standard briefcase
bag except: 1) it is lighter, 2) it has an internal strap which tightens it to the seatback as well
as the slip over sleeve which fits over the top of the seat, 3) it has lots of pockets and neat
places to store stuff, 4) it carries a ton of stuff as it expands, and 5)it is pliable without
loosing its shape. The downside is that it is somewhat expensive, but I have also had a RANS bag and
would take this bag over it in a heartbeat. Pull up the Hostelshoppe website, www.hostelshoppe.com
and go to their online catalogue and click on bags. This is a Hosteslshoppe RANS type bag.

Mike S. ST. Louis, Mo.

Originally posted by Ed
Looking for suggestions for a good seat bag for this bike. (The type that attach to the back of your seat.) I understand the Bike E seat bags were great but I believe they are no longer available. All comments and suggestions would be most welcome.

I think the Lone Peak Bag from Calhoun Cycle (hostel shoppe seels the same one for $17 more) is an exceptional bag at $40 something. It is not too big to attract a bunch of junk but not too small to keep necessities out.

Check it out:

http://www.calhouncycle.com/bags.html

You'll have to scroll down to the bag.

Mike, Are you talking about the Hostel Shoppe Seat Bag or a different model? Your description sounds
like something else and I can not find what you are talking about. The HSSB comes with a different
sleeve for the Bacchetta, RANS, and EZ-racers models. It looks like it closes with a flap instead of
a zipper and costs $75 for the Bacchetta version.

Thanks for any help. I am searching for a bag for my new Bacchetta and I do not like the cost or
design of the B-brand bag.

news:<[email protected]>...

[email protected] (Don) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Mike, Are you talking about the Hostel Shoppe Seat Bag or a different model? Your description
> sounds like something else and I can not find what you are talking about. The HSSB comes with a
> different sleeve for the Bacchetta, RANS, and EZ-racers models. It looks like it closes with a
> flap instead of a zipper and costs $75 for the Bacchetta version.
>
> Thanks for any help. I am searching for a bag for my new Bacchetta and I do not like the cost or
> design of the B-brand bag.

The bag I was referring to is in the Hostelshoppe catalogue under the Hostelshoppe seat bag
category. They make different size sleeves for RANS, Vision and Bacchetta. Despite the price I found
it to be a very nice bag and capable of carrying a lot of stuff if necessary, having a slim profile
if needed (I needed it on my Virginia), and well made.

Mike S. ST. Louis, Mo.

> Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I'm going to follow up on your leads and get
> the bag that makes the most sense for me.

Thanks again,

Ed

> I think the Lone Peak Bag from Calhoun Cycle (hostel shoppe seels the same one for $17 more) is an
> exceptional bag at $40 something. >

Derek,

Just to clarify your statement - we don't sell the Lone Peak bag that Calhoun Cycle does. The Hostel
Shoppe bags are highly modified versions of the original Vision Daybag design, which Lone Peak
manufactured. When Vision changed their design and manufacturer, we asked to continue production
with Lone Peak under our name - with several tweaks - and the ability to create versions that fit
different brands. The latest version even works on the Easy Racer's Coolback mesh seat!

Regards,

Erich Hartman Hostel Shoppe, Ltd. 1-800-233-4340 http://www.hostelshoppe.com

> Erich,

Just to clarify - Is the bag you are speaking of, listing in your catalog as : Hostel Shoppe Seat
Day Bags ?

Thanks,

Ed