Seat binder bolt for Giant TCR?

mzagorski

Jun 17, 2003
I have a 2003 Giant TCR with the seat bolts which tighten from either side of the frame. I want to get some titanium ones... something that isn't going to rust and looks sh-tty. Anyone know the specifications of the existing bolts or able to reccomend a replacement? I'm thinking that SRP are the people to go to...

Thanks

Mike

Originally posted by mzagorski
I have a 2003 Giant TCR with the seat bolts which tighten from either side of the frame. I want to get some titanium ones... something that isn't going to rust and looks sh-tty. Anyone know the specifications of the existing bolts or able to reccomend a replacement? I'm thinking that SRP are the people to go to...

Thanks

Mike
I wouldn't. Wrong place for a Ti bolt.

Thanks

Mike

My Sugino binder bolt hasn't rusted and it's not Ti. I once replaced it with an SRP Ti one. It was fine on training rides but the first crit I rode, my seatpost slipped every lap because in races I would have to ride more aggressively and couldn't dodge bad pavement. No matter how hard I cranked on the bolt, it wouldn't stop slipping.

P.S. If you get a new steel bolt, don't get a Campy one. They're expensive and they break quite easily.

thanks squint, at least you gave reasons for your answer. I guess I just need a better quality stainless steel bolt.

thanks squint, at least you gave reasons for your answer. I guess I just need a better quality stainless steel bolt.
Have you had problems with the stock steel bolts? The bolts on my TCR frame seem to be holding up. Share your observations; maybe I should double-check...

Most likely are not even stainless steel.

No problem other than they rust so easily... I dont like rusty bolts and I can't be arsed cleaning them after each ride. (Living in Hawaii so salty air doesnt help!)

No problem other than they rust so easily... I dont like rusty bolts and I can't be arsed cleaning them after each ride. (Living in Hawaii so salty air doesnt help!)
Ah, gotcha. I suppose someone living in tropical humidity with ocean on all sides has to keep a closer eye on steel hardware than the rest of us. Makes sense.

Tropical ocean breezes, poor you, poor you. ;)