seat drag/push glide/coast idea

dan de man

Guest
i was thinking while practising my seat drags if it would be possible to
put you feet onto the frame then either use you feeat to slow it down
or to just coast on the frma while do ing a seat drag/push
in short :possible or not

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

yeah, wouldnt the pedals hit your your foot when your cranks are
spinning>?

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

That ofcourse all depends on how far you're putting your feet forward. I
think crown-height would be pretty safe. You're putting LOADS of stress
on your seat/seatpost then though. You'd also NEED that little wheel in
your seat.

--
Erant

Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

you would have to stand up near the crown, and with that kind of
pressure on the uni/seat(even with a wheel) it seems like something
would break, im thinking that the seat might somehow break..if you
could figure it out, it would be way sick.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Well I come up earlier with this idea. So my background of this trick do
"surf" on my uni from drag seat. But as some here figured out, the uni
stops immediately after putting more weight on the frame. Well, that
was around the time where I was happy about some meters of drag seat.
I'm doing this trick pretty stable by now, so I will give this trick a
try later on at the training.

--
gossi
gossi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3464

You have two things to overcome:

First is friction. Your feet will have to be at the crown or higher,
which will bring any normal-seated uni to an instant stop. As a
stopping skill, it could be pretty cool on its own but that's not why
we're here. If you added some sort of concealed wheels or casters, you
could overcome this. But make the wheels too obvious, and you stop
being a unicycle.

The second thing is instability of the platform. Once you get off the
pedals, you've lost your grip on keeping the cycle from flopping over.
You could flatten the end of the seat and/or use *two* wheels/casters
for this. Or some frame modifications that would give your feet enough
input to hold the wheel upright.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling