Seat/Head Tube Angles and Handling

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jmatt, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Jmatt

    Jmatt Guest

    I'm looking at two frames, one which has a S/H of 72.5/71,
    and one which is 73.5/71.5.

    How will these frames handle differently?

    Thanks,

    NPH

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    JMatt wrote:
    > I'm looking at two frames, one which has a S/H of 72.5/71,
    > and one which is 73.5/71.5.
    >
    > How will these frames handle differently?

    You won't notice a .5 degree on the front, and with the
    right seatpost/seat combo you can cover for the different
    seat angles.

    With the appropriate forks the steeper head angle will carve
    singletrack better with little handlebar input while being
    twitchier on steep downhills.

    Greg