Seat-In Hop Height?

One Wheeled Sta

Guest
As far as hopping records go, only seat-out and rolling hops
seem to be included in most polls of height.

I'm interested to know what the highest seat-in, not
rolling, side hop is, but you can count pre-hops. Mine's a
crappy 18" or so to get it started.

Also any seat-in gap distances people have would be
interesting too!

Thanks James

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"It's all in the mind, not the behind" -Mikefule
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

My highest seat-in hop is about 23"... but my average is
only about 20".

--
Mellick - That's my lion! Rawr! I'm scary!

Logan says that staring at trees is better, I can safely say that that
is a completely incorrect response. If John Childs says it, it will
carry more weight. --Paco
Mellick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4874

This comparison between gapping and high jumping seat in is
really interesting. I have no idea what my height seat in
is...not very impressive at all though. I think gapping seat
in I can go about
1.8m(ish) these days.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

This comparison between gapping and high jumping seat in is
really interesting. I have no idea what my height seat in
is...not very impressive at all though. I think gapping seat
in I can go about
1.8m(ish) these days.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

i can hop about 24" on average with my seat in and gapping
seat in is about 1.4-1.5 max. but all that depends on the
size of the wheel though i think.

--
busta_gustv - Your Favourite Band sucks

i couldnt think of a good signature so i decided not to have one.
busta_gustv's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4064

I'm new to all of this but I started trying to hop
differently after riding with KH in Venice, and seeing him
clear 25 inch stuff easily despite his head not going more
than 15 up during the hop (meaning his vertical jump was
only 15 inches). He got the extra ten or so inches by
sucking his lower body up once he was in mid air -- sort of
like a mogal skiier absorbing bumps wihout his head jumping
up and down. But here, with hops, the bump doesn't push your
lower body up, you've got to suck it up once you lift off.
Before seeing and understanding this, I was just trying to
literally jump over everything, and nobody can jump too high
with a piece of gear dangling off of you.

I think because you can suck the uni up under you much more
with the seat out -- the uni heigth is not checked by your
crotch -- you can also hop higher as a result.

Just a few observations. I've got a long ways to go befor
perfecting any of this, but at least now I'm working with a
better concept.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

unicycleboy wrote:
> *ive only managed 70cm max with seat out :s i dont like
> it, Rolling hops are great :) *

What about seat in?

I can manage about 17" (seat in or out doesn't make huge
difference for
me). Maybe a bit more on a good day.

--
pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist