Seat links-Please post a link

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rorschandt, Feb 5, 2003.

  1. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    I've built a few seats, but would be interested in seeing how others have done it, especially those
    nifty curved wooden hardshells. I don't generally work with wood and will probably adapt it to
    plastic and metal. Thanks for any links. rorschandt

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    rorschandt wrote:

    > I've built a few seats, but would be interested in seeing how others have done it, especially
    > those nifty curved wooden hardshells. I don't generally work with wood and will probably adapt it
    > to plastic and metal. Thanks for any links. rorschandt

    IIRC, Matt Weaver built a seat by the following method. He went to the beach, built a mound of
    wet sand, and sat against it so it conformed to his body. He then got up and covered the sand
    with a thin polymer film followed by Plaster of Paris. This created a mold for building a
    composite seat shell.

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's

  3. Caravan

    Caravan Guest