Seat links-Please post a link

Rorschandt

Guest
I've built a few seats, but would be interested in seeing how others have done it, especially those
nifty curved wooden hardshells. I don't generally work with wood and will probably adapt it to
plastic and metal. Thanks for any links. rorschandt

rorschandt wrote:

> I've built a few seats, but would be interested in seeing how others have done it, especially
> those nifty curved wooden hardshells. I don't generally work with wood and will probably adapt it
> to plastic and metal. Thanks for any links. rorschandt

IIRC, Matt Weaver built a seat by the following method. He went to the beach, built a mound of
wet sand, and sat against it so it conformed to his body. He then got up and covered the sand
with a thin polymer film followed by Plaster of Paris. This created a mold for building a
composite seat shell.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's