seat post clamp question

Status

Steve Gibson

Guest
I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post
clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a quick release and thats the kind my
bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank
you in advance,

Steve

B A R R Y B U R

Guest
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:47:24 GMT, "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post
>clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a quick release and thats the kind my
>bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank
>you in advance,
>
>Steve

Any decent bike shop can set you up for less than $10, in less time than it took you to ask the
question here.

Barry

Michael Dart

Guest
"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post clamp, a
> good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

Salsa make the best IMO. They make both QR and bolt type ones.

Mike

Sorni

Guest
"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post clamp, a
> good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,

You'll be hearing from a man (nick)named "Clydesdale".

(Or just Google it.)

Bill

Taywood

Guest
> "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to
buy a
> > new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want
> quick
> > release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with
any
> > info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,

I've just bought a FELT seat clamp which is deeper and has a double bolt setup. Mike

Superclydesdale

Guest
"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post clamp, a
> good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

Steve

If your seat tube diamter allows, I absolutely recommend the Lip Lock from Salsa;
http://www.salsacycles.com/enter.html. $15-$20 at your LBS.

SuperClydesdale

Status
Not open for further replies.