seat post clamp question

Steve Gibson

Guest
I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post
clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a quick release and thats the kind my
bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank
you in advance,

Steve

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:47:24 GMT, "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post
>clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a quick release and thats the kind my
>bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank
>you in advance,
>
>Steve

Any decent bike shop can set you up for less than $10, in less time than it took you to ask the
question here.

Barry

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post clamp, a
> good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

Salsa make the best IMO. They make both QR and bolt type ones.

Mike

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post clamp, a
> good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,

You'll be hearing from a man (nick)named "Clydesdale".

(Or just Google it.)

Bill

> "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to
buy a
> > new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want
> quick
> > release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with
any
> > info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,

I've just bought a FELT seat clamp which is deeper and has a double bolt setup. Mike

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a new seat post clamp, a
> good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any info or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

Steve

If your seat tube diamter allows, I absolutely recommend the Lip Lock from Salsa;
http://www.salsacycles.com/enter.html. $15-$20 at your LBS.

SuperClydesdale