seat post h2o

napcop

May 3, 2005
I can't ride with a camelback on the road due to comfort issues, and drink alot of water...i recently got a profile aqua rack (seat post mount) for next year, and I'm looking for suggestions from anyone using one as to where to mount a small tool bag. It doesn't look like I'll be able to fit it on the seat post below the aqua rack. I've thought of getting a small pouch to carry in my jersey pocket, that would double since I could slip it in my camel back when on the mtn rig. Nothing huge...just enough for simple road repairs and a energy bar or two. Thoughts from anyone using a aqua rack? Thanks in advance...

napcop said:
I can't ride with a camelback on the road due to comfort issues, and drink alot of water...i recently got a profile aqua rack (seat post mount) for next year, and I'm looking for suggestions from anyone using one as to where to mount a small tool bag. It doesn't look like I'll be able to fit it on the seat post below the aqua rack. I've thought of getting a small pouch to carry in my jersey pocket, that would double since I could slip it in my camel back when on the mtn rig. Nothing huge...just enough for simple road repairs and a energy bar or two. Thoughts from anyone using a aqua rack? Thanks in advance...
I think a triangular frame-pack (they fit below the saddle inside the main triangle) may work for you.

I haven't used the acqua rack, but having lugged water into the backcountry when backpacking to an arid campsite, I have to tell you there is nothing less stable than fluid ... if you sway at all (this will be true when you're cycling) as you side-step an obstacle on the path, the water's inertia will begin to fight you with each successive step (OR, pedal stroke) ...

By my reckoning, the acqua rack may locate the water the worst position possible position ... or, not.