Seat post mounted luggage bags

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul Kelly, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Paul Kelly

    Paul Kelly Guest

    I'm off on the south downs way in a few weeks - Petersfield to Eastbourne over 2 days. Either I need
    to buy rack & panniers or a seat-post mounted bag.

    I've used panniers before (on a previous bike) and they both got in the way and got very muddy. I'm
    thinking of a seat=post mounted bag instead.

    Any comments/recommendations?

    pk

    All outgoing messages scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus

    Tags:

  2. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Paul Kelly
    <[email protected]> writes
    >I'm off on the south downs way in a few weeks - Petersfield to Eastbourne over 2 days. Either I
    >need to buy rack & panniers or a seat-post mounted bag.
    >
    >I've used panniers before (on a previous bike) and they both got in the way and got very muddy. I'm
    >thinking of a seat=post mounted bag instead.
    >
    >Any comments/recommendations?

    I like the Carrradice SQR mount for seat post bags.

    The mount is secure, yet the bags are easy and quick to remove.

    I use one with a Carradice Camper Long flap Saddle bag - which should do a couple of days ok
    (depends on what you want to take of course)

    Alterntive;ly they do a specific range of SQR bags.

    <http://www.carradice.co.uk/sqr-products.htm>

    Spa Cycles in Harrogate is one of the cheapest places I know for Carradice stuff. Good mail
    order service.

    <http://www.spacycles.com>

    Though the site is not complete
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "chris French" wrote

    > I like the Carrradice SQR mount for seat post bags.
    >
    > The mount is secure, yet the bags are easy and quick to remove.
    >
    > I use one with a Carradice Camper Long flap Saddle bag - which should do a couple of days ok
    > (depends on what you want to take of course)
    >
    > Alterntive;ly they do a specific range of SQR bags.
    >
    > <http://www.carradice.co.uk/sqr-products.htm>
    >
    > Spa Cycles in Harrogate is one of the cheapest places I know for Carradice stuff. Good mail order
    > service.
    >
    > <http://www.spacycles.com>
    >
    > Though the site is not complete
    > --
    > Chris French, Leeds

    Second Mr. French's recommendation of Carradice bags. The Carradice Nelson Long Flap combined with a
    handlebar bag served me quite well for a week long tour staying in hostels and B&Bs. Very sturdy,
    well made bags.
    --
    mark

  4. Sam Huby

    Sam Huby Guest

    I work at Spa Cycles. SQR is £45, Camper Longflap is £38 - I think, I'm at home now. Site is indeed
    sadly incomplete and out of date. Ring 01423 887003 for mail order.

    Sam