Seat post mounted luggage bags

Paul Kelly

Guest
I'm off on the south downs way in a few weeks - Petersfield to Eastbourne over 2 days. Either I need
to buy rack & panniers or a seat-post mounted bag.

I've used panniers before (on a previous bike) and they both got in the way and got very muddy. I'm
thinking of a seat=post mounted bag instead.

Any comments/recommendations?

pk

All outgoing messages scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus

In message <[email protected]>, Paul Kelly
<[email protected]> writes
>I'm off on the south downs way in a few weeks - Petersfield to Eastbourne over 2 days. Either I
>need to buy rack & panniers or a seat-post mounted bag.
>
>I've used panniers before (on a previous bike) and they both got in the way and got very muddy. I'm
>thinking of a seat=post mounted bag instead.
>
>Any comments/recommendations?

I like the Carrradice SQR mount for seat post bags.

The mount is secure, yet the bags are easy and quick to remove.

I use one with a Carradice Camper Long flap Saddle bag - which should do a couple of days ok
(depends on what you want to take of course)

Alterntive;ly they do a specific range of SQR bags.

<http://www.carradice.co.uk/sqr-products.htm>

Spa Cycles in Harrogate is one of the cheapest places I know for Carradice stuff. Good mail
order service.

<http://www.spacycles.com>

Though the site is not complete
--
Chris French, Leeds

"chris French" wrote

> I like the Carrradice SQR mount for seat post bags.
>
> The mount is secure, yet the bags are easy and quick to remove.
>
> I use one with a Carradice Camper Long flap Saddle bag - which should do a couple of days ok
> (depends on what you want to take of course)
>
> Alterntive;ly they do a specific range of SQR bags.
>
> <http://www.carradice.co.uk/sqr-products.htm>
>
> Spa Cycles in Harrogate is one of the cheapest places I know for Carradice stuff. Good mail order
> service.
>
> <http://www.spacycles.com>
>
> Though the site is not complete
> --
> Chris French, Leeds

Second Mr. French's recommendation of Carradice bags. The Carradice Nelson Long Flap combined with a
handlebar bag served me quite well for a week long tour staying in hostels and B&Bs. Very sturdy,
well made bags.
--
mark

I work at Spa Cycles. SQR is £45, Camper Longflap is £38 - I think, I'm at home now. Site is indeed
sadly incomplete and out of date. Ring 01423 887003 for mail order.

Sam