Seat post slipping...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Fahel, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. Fahel

    Fahel Guest

    My seat post keeps slipping on every ride.

    I have a Giant OCR1 and am afriad to overtighten the allen key bolt.

    What do I do???

    Regards, FaHeL...

    Tags:

  2. A shim. Small piece of Coke can or Pespi but definitely not Orangina

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "FaHeL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My seat post keeps slipping on every ride.
    >
    > I have a Giant OCR1 and am afriad to overtighten the allen key bolt.

    Is the fastener lubricated? It should be, whether the head and thread of an allen bolt or the cam of
    a quick-release unit.

  4. Daanimal900

    Daanimal900 Guest

    I had the same problem. Turned out my problem was that the binder bolt was just a smidge too long
    and was bottoming out before it could clamp the post tight enough. The mechanic put the female side
    of the bolt on a bench grinder and took off a few hundredths of an inch. Works like a charm now.

    FWIW.

    "A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "FaHeL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My seat post keeps slipping on every ride.
    > >
    > > I have a Giant OCR1 and am afriad to overtighten the allen key bolt.
    >

    > Is the fastener lubricated? It should be, whether the head and thread of
    an
    > allen bolt or the cam of a quick-release unit.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

  5. H. Van Beek

    H. Van Beek Guest

    It is the carbon seatpost I suppose. Never use any kind of lubrication. What I heard was written in
    a test is to use a little hairlacker (or how do you call this in english ? The stuff that makes your
    hair feel like a sugarspin)

    "FaHeL" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...