seat posts

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Phil, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    are the suspension type seat posts any good?

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > are the suspension type seat posts any good?

    No.

  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

  5. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:52:13 GMT, Sorni wrote:

    > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    >
    > They have their ups and downs.

    As silly as it was, I gotta say I liked that one!

    Suspension seat posts aren't a replacement for full suspension. They can make things a bit more
    comfortable on smaller bumps. I don't really feel like it made a world of difference, but my riding
    buds keep saying they want one because they're always having to stand up on sections that I can ride
    sitting down.

  6. John G

    John G Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > are the suspension type seat posts any good

    NO!

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Phil wrote:

    >>>are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    >>
    >>No.
    >>

    > why not?

    They're a compromise. They take a little bit of sting out of the trail, but they're certainly no
    substitute for rear suspension. There are more working parts to go wrong and most importantly, they
    change your ride height every time the suspension moves.

    For me, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:52:13 GMT, Sorni wrote:
    > >
    > > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >> are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    > >
    > > They have their ups and downs.
    >
    > As silly as it was, I gotta say I liked that one!
    >
    > Suspension seat posts aren't a replacement for full suspension. They can make things a bit more
    > comfortable on smaller bumps. I don't really feel like it made a world of difference, but my
    > riding buds keep saying they want one because they're always having to stand up on sections that I
    > can ride sitting down.
    >
    > --
    > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    thats kind of what i was thinking not a replacement but something to soften the blow (especially on
    the tatties!)

  9. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:52:13 GMT, Sorni wrote:
    <snip>
    | thats kind of what i was thinking not a replacement but something to soften the blow (especially
    | on the tatties!)

    Just by matter of pure boredom;

    What would happen if a suspension seatpost were to be fitted to a full suspension mountain bike?
    Would there be some strange harmonic frequency at which both sets of suspension would create some
    unusual effects?

    Like I said.....cant sleep and nothing to do so just typing.

    Simon.........brains on ice for a few :eek:)

  10. ClydesdaleMTB says:

    >NO!

    Just coz you haven't found one you couldn't break......

    ;-)

    Steve

  11. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

  12. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    > >
    > > They have their ups and downs.
    > >
    > > Bill "you get what you pay for" S.
    >
    > That just hit me right. ROTFLMAO. that was worth the price of admission.
    >
    > Paladin

    get the cane creek model if you do alot of trail riding, the other ones like rockshoxs are nothing
    but pogo sticks.

  13. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:50:05 -0000, Simon wrote:

    > Just by matter of pure boredom;
    >
    > What would happen if a suspension seatpost were to be fitted to a full suspension mountain bike?
    > Would there be some strange harmonic frequency at which both sets of suspension would create some
    > unusual effects?

    What, like firing you into the air arse-first? Maybe if you did it right, you could flip over the
    bars, land on your feet, swing the now-sprung bike overhead until it lands in front of you, and
    mount it from behind like Zorro. Oh wait - it'd be upside-down (and facing your direction) at that
    point. Ouch.

  14. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > are the suspension type seat posts any good?

    Are you the Phil who aspired to be a marine invertebrate of have I confused you with another Phil?

    Andy Chequer

  15. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    >
    > Are you the Phil who aspired to be a marine invertebrate of have I
    confused
    > you with another Phil?
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Nah - I think the cephalopod wannabe is another Phil.

    Shaun aRe

  17. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    > >
    > > Are you the Phil who aspired to be a marine invertebrate of have I
    > confused
    > > you with another Phil?
    > >
    > > Andy Chequer
    >
    > Nah - I think the cephalopod wannabe is another Phil.

    Holy Crap, amb's Phull of Phils.

    Andy Chequer

  18. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > are the suspension type seat posts any good?

    If you absolutely must have one, get the USE. It's rebuildable and more durable than any other
    offerings. Stay away from that Cane Creek crap, the have been recalled at least once and develop
    slop very fast under regular use.

    JD

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]server.ntli.net...

    > > Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Are you the Phil who aspired to be a marine invertebrate of have I
    > > confused
    > > > you with another Phil?
    > > >
    > > > Andy Chequer
    > >
    > > Nah - I think the cephalopod wannabe is another Phil.
    >
    > Holy Crap, amb's Phull of Phils.

    We're philphul and wilful, and errmmmm, oh feck it.....

    Shaun aRe

  20. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > "Phil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected].co.uk>...
    > > are the suspension type seat posts any good?
    >
    > If you absolutely must have one, get the USE. It's rebuildable and more durable than any other
    > offerings. Stay away from that Cane Creek crap, the have been recalled at least once and develop
    > slop very fast under regular use.
    >
    > JD

    I've (part of me, anyway) put about 2,000 miles on my U.S.E. XCR and I love it. Especially good for
    the surprise hits that you can't plan for, and don't want to absorb the impact into your prostate.

    Paladin