seatpost collar

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mario, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario

Mario Guest

Hi, I just broke my seatpost collar while untightening it(the bolt just snapped) I have a
    specialized s-works 2000 with a 30.9 seatpost, what size seatpost collar will work with it? Will a
    31.8 collar work?

thanks! tom

Tags:

2. mario wrote:
    > Hi, I just broke my seatpost collar while untightening it(the bolt just snapped) I have a
    > specialized s-works 2000 with a 30.9 seatpost, what size seatpost collar will work with it? Will a
    > 31.8 collar work?
    >
    >
    > thanks! tom
    >
    shouldn't be to hard to get a new bolt, or get the old pieces out. be sure to grease the threads
    next time. seatclamp bolts do break on occasion.

3. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

James Connell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > mario wrote:
    > > Hi, I just broke my seatpost collar while untightening it(the bolt just snapped) I have a
    > > specialized s-works 2000 with a 30.9 seatpost, what size seatpost collar will work with it? Will
    > > a 31.8 collar work?
    > >
    > >
    > > thanks! tom
    > >
    > shouldn't be to hard to get a new bolt, or get the old pieces out. be sure to grease the threads
    > next time. seatclamp bolts do break on occasion.

Tell me about it - broke that many I gave up buying new clamps, and re-modeled the last one with a
    new SS bolt and nut, and welded the bolt to the previously threaded pivot rod (stupid idea!). Ain't
    breaking now ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - If it breaks, fix it. If it keeps braking, improve it.

4. Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > James Connell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>mario wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi, I just broke my seatpost collar while untightening it(the bolt just snapped)

BTDT

>>> I have a specialized s-works 2000 with a 30.9 seatpost, what
    >>> size seatpost collar will work with it? Will a 31.8 collar work?

I have no clue

>>shouldn't be to hard to get a new bolt, or get the old pieces out. be sure to grease the threads
    >>next time. seatclamp bolts do break on occasion.

Uhh Huh!

> Tell me about it - broke that many I gave up buying new clamps, and re-modeled the last one with a
    > new SS bolt and nut, and welded the bolt to the previously threaded pivot rod (stupid idea!).
    > Ain't breaking now ',;~}~

Psst: http://www.surlybikes.com/parts/constrictor.htm

> Shaun aRe - If it breaks, fix it. If it keeps braking, improve it.

That is pretty much how my bikes have evolved to thier current state.

5. Technician

Technician Guest

6. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > James Connell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Tell me about it - broke that many I gave up buying new clamps, and re-modeled the last one with
    > > a new SS bolt and nut, and welded the bolt
    to
    > > the previously threaded pivot rod (stupid idea!). Ain't breaking now
    ',;~}~
    >
    >
    > Psst: http://www.surlybikes.com/parts/constrictor.htm

Ah - my skinny arse doesn't need that much to stop it's perch slipping, heheheh........

I never had a problem with them slipping really, I just tend to.....well, get a bit brutal when
    tightening things, especially QR type stuff.....and car wheel nuts.......and uhhhm,
    stuff........heheheh.....

> > Shaun aRe - If it breaks, fix it. If it keeps braking, improve it.
    >
    > That is pretty much how my bikes have evolved to thier current state.

Aye! That's how my BASE has evolved from a 27 lb H/T to a 36+lb semi-H/T ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - Still get up them hills.......sometimes....heheheheh........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.