Seatpost De Rosa Neo Primato is slipping

slaskalainen

May 1, 2007
about 1 mm every 2 km. The bolt is as tight as it can be - but still......

Anyone heard of or having a similiar problem?

slaskalainen said:
about 1 mm every 2 km. The bolt is as tight as it can be - but still......

Anyone heard of or having a similiar problem?

Do you have the correct size post? Is there supposed to be a sleeve inside the frame seat tube that is missing?? 1mm/2km seems like alot. If the size is correct and the frame is OK, try using some TACX Dynamic Carbon assembly paste (works good on aluminum and steel too). FSA makes a similar product called FSA Installation Compound. Both products are designed to minimize slippage without overtorquing the bolts.

John M said:
Do you have the correct size post? Is there supposed to be a sleeve inside the frame seat tube that is missing?? 1mm/2km seems like alot. If the size is correct and the frame is OK, try using some TACX Dynamic Carbon assembly paste (works good on aluminum and steel too). FSA makes a similar product called FSA Installation Compound. Both products are designed to minimize slippage without overtorquing the bolts.
Yes - it is the correct size and the frame is almost new. It is a steel frame with a carbon seatpost. That might be the problem, but I once read (cannot remember where) that this DR-model had this problem - at last many owners had the problem. I will try some FSA Compound.

Alas - I have only had 1 ride on it - very short - the real problem might be that the one building the bike .......greased the carbon post...........Some cleaning first I guess......

slaskalainen said:
Yes - it is the correct size and the frame is almost new. It is a steel frame with a carbon seatpost. That might be the problem, but I once read (cannot remember where) that this DR-model had this problem - at last many owners had the problem. I will try some FSA Compound.

Alas - I have only had 1 ride on it - very short - the real problem might be that the one building the bike .......greased the carbon post...........Some cleaning first I guess......
Wow. This must be embarrassing for De Rosa. It is seatbolt problem. The bolt "bottoms" before it is tight enough. It's a Campagnolo seatbolt.
It's unbelieveable - they deliver a frame - a seatpost - a seatbolt. They don't match together.

Together with a friend we will make a seatbolt or modify some - so I can ride it. Still don't believe it - but it's true!

Powerful Pete said:
Was it De Rosa or your shop?
All came from De Rosa (seapost and bolt).
(I live in Norway and bought from a shop in UK as noone sells De Rosa in my country - the shop is ok. I have bought other bikes from them before.....).

I even tried another seatpost (27.2), but it's the same problem. I have read about the seatbolt problem before somewhere..................

It's exactly he same seatbolt I used on a DBS Migliore years ago (that was a Norwegian steel bike built on a Columbus slx frame) without any problem at all.

But we must work something out....

slaskalainen said:
Wow. This must be embarrassing for De Rosa. It is seatbolt problem. The bolt "bottoms" before it is tight enough. It's a Campagnolo seatbolt.
ADD A(nother) WASHER between the frame & seatbolt.