Seatpost shim for 27.0 to a 28.0

IanD

Jan 13, 2004
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could point to a company that makes a plastic seatpost shim to fit a 27.0 seatpost that will fit a 28.0 diameter ? I'm looking to replace my stock seatpost on my C40 and well as can tell, it's non-standard.

Thanks,

Ian

Originally posted by IanD
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could point to a company that makes a plastic seatpost shim to fit a 27.0 seatpost that will fit a 28.0 diameter ? I'm looking to replace my stock seatpost on my C40 and well as can tell, it's non-standard.

Thanks,

Ian
I know that USE makes shims of many "a-to-b" size combinations, in both aluminum and heavy plastic. I've got a plastic USE shim which takes my 27mm seatpost to fit Klein's massive 31.6mm seat tube. Looks and feels solid.

Let me see if I can remember what store I bought it from... they carried a full spread of options...

Hello all,

Thanks,

Ian

Here's one: http://64.85.0.38/search.htm

Hahahahahahaha. Ahhahahahahahahaaha.

I fell into the same damn trap when my father and I both bought C40s last year. We ended up springing for the insanely expensive Colnago carbon seatpost (I found it "cheap" for about $200 after tax!). To boot, the Colnago ain't the lightest around (OK, fine), and the clamping is a PITA to adjust the tilt unless you have some magic freaky teensy wrench I've never been able to locate in my tool box!

We went with the Colnago, rather than the shim method because:
1) We were stupid
2) We thought that keeping it all Colnago would be cool/good (i.e., see #1 above)
3) Both my LBSs told me the shim is a pain, and not anywhere near as solid as using the right post
4) It would've taken a week to get the shim anyway
5) The shim from Trialtir would've been about $30!!!!

If you are fussy, and want the 'official' product, get the Colnago.

If you are just a tad less fussy, and don't mind giving away $30 for a 60 cent piece of aluminum (or whatever it is), then get the shim from Trialtir (or have your dealer order it).

If you are purely sensible, then buy whatever shim you can find!

Hello all,

Thanks,

Ian

www.bikeusa.com had a reasonable range of shims last time I looked. Contact Stephen at [email protected]