Seats that allow more setback

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andy, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Any suggestions from btdt, I am looking for a seat, preferably a flite style and light, that's rails
    allow more rear adjustment for more setback. Any help? thanx, andy

    Tags:

  2. >Subject: Seats that allow more setback From: andy [email protected] Date: 9/17/03 8:40 PM Pacific
    >Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >Any suggestions from btdt, I am looking for a seat, preferably a flite style and light, that's
    >rails allow more rear adjustment for more setback. Any help? thanx, andy

    I'd recommend getting a seatpost with a lot of setback, such as an Easton, and finding the saddle
    that fits you best. Josh Zlotlow [email protected] Sacramento, California Sacramento Golden Wheelmen
    www.sacgw.com

  3. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    [email protected] (Joshua Zlotlow) wrote:

    >>Subject: Seats that allow more setback From: andy [email protected] Date: 9/17/03 8:40 PM Pacific
    >>Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >>
    >>Any suggestions from btdt, I am looking for a seat, preferably a flite style and light, that's
    >>rails allow more rear adjustment for more setback. Any help? thanx, andy
    >
    >I'd recommend getting a seatpost with a lot of setback, such as an Easton, and finding the saddle
    >that fits you best.

    I like the American Classic 2-piece post. Very light, very strong, pretty cheap and it allows the
    saddle to move back further (due to the minimalist top half of the clamp). The clamp bothered me for
    a few seconds until I realized all the top part of the clamp does is keep your saddle from floating
    off... ;-)

  4. "Mark Hickey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I like the American Classic 2-piece post. Very light, very strong, pretty cheap and it allows the
    > saddle to move back further (due to the minimalist top half of the clamp). The clamp bothered me
    > for a few seconds until I realized all the top part of the clamp does is keep your saddle from
    > floating off... ;-)

    No kidding - the skinny top clamp also lets your seat rails flex upwards more, which may or may not
    be a good thing. Never thought about it till I put my seat on a demo bike with a "normal" seatpost,
    but was surprised at how much stiffer the seat felt through the middle. The only thing to watch out
    for with AC posts is that if you run the seat far back, the height of the clamp can cause it to hit
    the bottom of the shell with some saddles.

    SB

  5. [email protected] schreef ...
    > >Subject: Seats that allow more setback From: andy [email protected] Date: 9/17/03 8:40 PM
    > >Pacific Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > >Any suggestions from btdt, I am looking for a seat, preferably a flite style and light, that's
    > >rails allow more rear adjustment for more setback. Any help? thanx, andy
    >
    > I'd recommend getting a seatpost with a lot of setback, such as an Easton, and finding the saddle
    > that fits you best. Josh Zlotlow

    Or a Selcof Biposition which has two positions to mount the saddle: one "normal" and one "quite a
    way back".

    --
    Regards, Marten