Seattle area races June 28-29?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bret Wade

According to bikeride.com there's nothing happening in WA this weekend. Are there any other races
happening where the word hasn't gotten out? I do know about the mid-week races at SIR and Seward
Park. I also know about the Boise race on the 28th and the Oregon races. Anything else?

Thanks, Bret

[email protected] (Bret Wade) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> According to bikeride.com there's nothing happening in WA this weekend. Are there any other races
> happening where the word hasn't gotten out? I do know about the mid-week races at SIR and Seward
> Park. I also know about the Boise race on the 28th and the Oregon races. Anything else?
>
> Thanks, Bret

28 Great Northern Road Race Mt. Vernon, WA Aurora Cycling Team 29 State Senior Criterium
Championships Bellingham, WA Paul Clement

http://www.pazzovelo.com/events/

Andrew Martin wrote:
> [email protected] (Bret Wade) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>According to bikeride.com there's nothing happening in WA this weekend. Are there any other races
>>happening where the word hasn't gotten out? I do know about the mid-week races at SIR and Seward
>>Park. I also know about the Boise race on the 28th and the Oregon races. Anything else?
>>
>>Thanks, Bret
>
>
> 28 Great Northern Road Race Mt. Vernon, WA Aurora Cycling Team 29 State Senior Criterium
> Championships Bellingham, WA Paul Clement
>
> http://www.pazzovelo.com/events/

Thanks, that's a big help. The Great Northern race sounds like a good one. Anyone know if WA allows
out of staters in their state championship races?

Bret

"Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Andrew Martin wrote:
> > [email protected] (Bret Wade) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>According to bikeride.com there's nothing happening in WA this weekend. Are there any other
> >>races happening where the word hasn't gotten out? I do know about the mid-week races at SIR and
> >>Seward Park. I also know about the Boise race on the 28th and the Oregon races. Anything else?
> >>
> >>Thanks, Bret
> >
> >
> > 28 Great Northern Road Race Mt. Vernon, WA Aurora Cycling Team 29 State Senior Criterium
> > Championships Bellingham, WA Paul Clement
> >
> > http://www.pazzovelo.com/events/
>
> Thanks, that's a big help. The Great Northern race sounds like a good one. Anyone know if WA
> allows out of staters in their state championship races?
>
> Bret

Yes; the 1/2/3 women's state championship crit was won by a Canadian last year. When she rolled off
the front, nobody wanted to take up the chase because we really just wanted the BARR points- out of
state riders aren't eligible for that. But she won some good money and a bunch of primes. We're not
letting THAT happen again this year ;-)

Suz

Suz wrote:

> Yes; the 1/2/3 women's state championship crit was won by a Canadian last year. When she rolled
> off the front, nobody wanted to take up the chase because we really just wanted the BARR points-
> out of state riders aren't eligible for that. But she won some good money and a bunch of primes.
> We're not letting THAT happen again this year ;-)
>
> Suz

It could be worse. One year in Colorado, the French National Team entered and dominated the womens
state championship road race. Nobody but the promoter knew they were even in the area until they
arrived at the race.

Bret

"Suz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you go to these races, make sure you give yourself plenty of travel
time.
> Mt. Vernon is about 1 hour north of Seattle, Bellingham is about 1.5 hours north. Not a bad drive
> though.
>
Also note that there is major construction on I-5 through Bellingham this summer that's already
started. It starts just at the South end of town and goes almost to the final major exit on the
North end. By June the freeway will be down to one lane through town )from two lanes), so
expect delays.

Jason

Suz wrote:
> If you go to these races, make sure you give yourself plenty of travel time.
> Mt. Vernon is about 1 hour north of Seattle, Bellingham is about 1.5 hours north. Not a bad drive
> though.

I'm visiting relatives in both Seattle and Bellingham so the location is perfect for me. I'm giving
my brother a hard time for not knowing about the criterium.

Thanks, Bret

Status
Not open for further replies.