Sebrango cycling lessons

Gregor T. said:
Dear Fausto/Eddie

Why do you continue to rant about stuff that is from 2 and 3 years old. I've checked out your Website, and you even harass CNN journalists about 9/11. Get over it and give it a rest! Yes it's Mid-March and I strongly urge you seek professional help!

Good Luck.
Dear Gregor, I strongly suggest you pull your head out from deep in your ass and take a look around.

The Finance Director at the CCA quit last month. He was only hired about two years ago.

The Road Nationals date was not protected by the CCA for this year.

The road nationals were almost cancelled last month, not two or three years ago. They were almost cancelled in 2002, though, you're right there. They had to be moved from Hamilton to London, ON because Hamilton 2003, the worlds organizing committee, was so screwed up.

The lack of sponsorship is a current problem.

The lack of prize money is a current problem.

The lack of new events is a current problem.

The new Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer of the CCA, Lorraine Lafrenière who has zero cycling background and zero competition background in any sport, was hired last November, not two or three years ago. The CCA has have five or six Executive Directors in the last three or four years, what does that tell you? It says they are in turmoil.

All these problems are happening here and now, not in the past.

As for good results for individual riders, there have always been outstanding cyclists in Canada. They win DESPITE the failures and lack of support from the CCA, not because of it. Any top rider in Canada will tell you that. Lori Ann Meunzer stated it very clearly, as have numerous other riders. In fact most Canadian riders have to leave to Canada to get the racing and support they need.

Deny it all you want, the Canadian Cycling Association is very broken. It's result have been dismal. The people running it do not know anything about the sport. Nothing.

What is happening with the Canadian Cycling Association in Ottawa is a disgrace.

You can continue to delude yourselves that everything is fine, you are probably so used to wallowing in the **** that is Canadian cycling these days, you do not know what things should be like. Certainly the people in charge of the sport like Lorraine Lafrenière and Kim Sebrango have no idea what happened in the past in cycling in Canada, they don’t know anything about the sport. They have no perspective or frame of reference. Take a quick look at the US. Canadian racing used to be as good and maybe better than what you would find in the US. US riders used to come here to race all the time. Is that the case now? No way.

PS you're right abot one thing, we do need the help of professionals in the sport of cycling in Canada, not the rank amateurs, the incompetents, we have now who are learning on the job.

Fausto Coppied said:
Dear Gregor, I strongly suggest you pull your head out from deep in your ass and take a look around.

The Finance Director at the CCA quit last month. He was only hired about two years ago.

The Road Nationals date was not protected by the CCA for this year.

The road nationals were almost cancelled last month, not two or three years ago. They were almost cancelled in 2002, though, you're right there. They had to be moved from Hamilton to London, ON because Hamilton 2003, the worlds organizing committee, was so screwed up.

The lack of sponsorship is a current problem.

The lack of prize money is a current problem.

The lack of new events is a current problem.

The new Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer of the CCA, Lorraine Lafrenière who has zero cycling background and zero competition background in any sport, was hired last November, not two or three years ago. The CCA has have five or six Executive Directors in the last three or four years, what does that tell you? It says they are in turmoil.

All these problems are happening here and now, not in the past.

As for good results for individual riders, there have always been outstanding cyclists in Canada. They win DESPITE the failures and lack of support from the CCA, not because of it. Any top rider in Canada will tell you that. Lori Ann Meunzer stated it very clearly, as have numerous other riders. In fact most Canadian riders have to leave to Canada to get the racing and support they need.

Deny it all you want, the Canadian Cycling Association is very broken. It's result have been dismal. The people running it do not know anything about the sport. Nothing.

What is happening with the Canadian Cycling Association in Ottawa is a disgrace.

You can continue to delude yourselves that everything is fine, you are probably so used to wallowing in the **** that is Canadian cycling these days, you do not know what things should be like. Certainly the people in charge of the sport like Lorraine Lafrenière and Kim Sebrango have no idea what happened in the past in cycling in Canada, they don’t know anything about the sport. They have no perspective or frame of reference. Take a quick look at the US. Canadian racing used to be as good and maybe better than what you would find in the US. US riders used to come here to race all the time. Is that the case now? No way.

PS you're right abot one thing, we do need the help of professionals in the sport of cycling in Canada, not the rank amateurs, the incompetents, we have now who are learning on the job.
Dear Fausto/Eddie

You forgot to mention the 3 gold medals won at the Pan Am Games recently.

Because of your continued obsessed rage, I recommended that you seek professional help from a qualified psychologist/psychiatrist, and if you ever travel outside of Quebec and ever make it to Vancouver Island please look me up, so I can kick your ****ing balls out through your ass and watch you wallow in your own ****!

Good Luck!

Dear Gregor, you asswipe,

Used to be I would go regularly to Vancouver Island, we used to have Canada Cups in Sidney, Duncan, Victoria and other places there. You probably were still in diapers pissing and shitting yourself back then, much as you are now.

We used to race for $5,000 to $10,000 there. What do you race for now, a free Big Mac Meal?

As I wrote earlier, the INDIVIDUAL medals Canadian cyclist win meaning nothing when it comes to the CCA, the medals represent the hard work of the riders themselves. Most of them ride, train, live and get salaries from outside of the country.

Finally, Mountian bikes medals at the PanAms are not going to mean ****.

Mountain Biking is killing cycling in Canada, not reviving it. Mountain biking has lowered expectations and marginalized the sport.

Only when people begin to understand this will the sport rise again.

Look at the Tour of California in the US. Road Race. Tour of Georgia. Road Race.

I know you don't get it. Go play in the woods.....

Two staffers and two coaches gone!!!

So, do you now understand how bad things are and how I could not have been more correct?

The CCA is now falling apart. It is official.

They had to fire not only Kim Sebrango in Marketing (she should never have been hired in the first place,that was another Bill Kinash mistake) but Florence Bourg in Communications and two coaches, as well.

I thought the house was in order?????? You believed their lies.

We are not back to Square One, we are back to minus 30 years.

I have been telling you the same things for four years. You refused to believe. Do you see it now????

Lorraine Lafrenière will jump ship at the very first opportunity. She never signed on for this disaster and she is incapable of managing it. She is PR person with next to no management skills and zero experience in cycling.

It is time to take back the sport from former President Bill Kinash and others like him. He has now killed it. Everything he initiated has now failed. He set the sport in Canada back at least a decade. It has not been in this bad shape since the 1970s

I take very little pleasure in saying I told you so but I did.

Now what do they do?

Will you listen now?

03.26.07 - Changes to the Canadian Cycling Association coaching structure

March 26/07 – As raised at last falls' Annual General Meeting, the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA)’s projected revenue targets were not met for the fiscal year. We therefore decided to put in place a restructuring plan to immediately address the situation in order to protect program funds for national team athletes. t

Earlier this month, three administrative staff positions at the CCA office were reduced as part of this restructuring (communications, officials, marketing). This has been followed up this week with a reduction in coaching staff. Regrettably, this has meant ending the contracts of Mountain Bike coach Michel Leblanc and Para-cycle coach Stephen Burke by the end of June.

Continued involvement of these coaches in some aspects of CCA programs, at least during a transition period, is under discussion. Details of this will be available shortly.

It is important to underline that these changes are not due to any lack of commitment or performance on the part of these coaches: the CCA is extremely grateful for the level of dedication and professionalism Michel and Stephen have demonstrated throughout their time with the national program.

With the reduction in the number of coaches, the structure for national team programs has been updated. Responsibility for Mountain bike, track, road and Para-cycle athletes is now shared between two National coaches, one based in the west and the other in the east. The intent of this change is to ensure each athlete has access to a coach and support services in his or her region of the country. Tanya Dubnicoff remains as national BMX coach.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact CCA High Performance Director Kris Westwood at 613-248-1353 ext. 2607, or [email protected], or CCA Chief Executive Officer Lorraine Lafrenière at 613-248-1353 ext. 2601 or [email protected].

Interestingly Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist has not listed this major happenning in his "News" section of Canadian Cyclist.

If this is not news Rob, what is?

Are you hiding something??????

My mistake Rob Jnes did list it under and earlier date. He had it before the CCA issued the press release.

Fausto Coppied said:
Interestingly Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist has not listed this major happenning in his "News" section of Canadian Cyclist.

If this is not news Rob, what is?

Are you hiding something??????

Kinash: Utter Failure

So five years after he was first elected Bill Kinash,former Canadian Cycling Association President has done for the country what he did for Saskatchewan Cycling: led it to utter, dismal failure.

Kinash who is now a Director at Large should resign. Indeed, the entire Board of Directors of the CCA should resign for deceiving and lying to its members and the public. Sport Canada should take the sport into receivership and hold new emergency elections.

Kinash had Rose Mercier conduct a management study. We went through three years of supposed system and procedure changes. Check and balances, were supposed to have been instituted. We were told the organization is now sound. All the elements were supposed to be in place for the sport to take off. A Finance Director was hired. An MBA with no cycling experience was hired as the Chief Operating Officer of the CCA. A Marketing Director (again with no cycling experience) was hired and Communications Director was hired.

THEY ARE ALL GONE!!! It has all fallen apart.

The entire house of cards, the lie has crashed to the ground.

The CCA is a shambles, a complete disaster.

EXACTLY AS I PREDICTED.

Resign Kinash, you have shamed the sport. Mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake was committed.

Resign Directors, you failed us.

Look at when this all happened, just as the season begin to take full swing. It could not have come at a worse time. Every event, all selections, most projects are now at risk. 2008 is an Olympic year. Canadian cycling will be lucky to even field a team with the personnel in place now.

Turn to the proven professional in the sport.

Now.

Where's Patrick Van de Wille ?

Come on the forum, Patrick, and tell me everything I have been saying was wrong!

Come tell us what a great job Bill Kinash has done.

Come and tell us what a great job Steve Lacelle did. Ooops, Lacelle is gone.

Come tell us how Michael Adams has set the finances straight. Ooops, he's gone.

Come and tell us about all those system and procedures that were to set things right.

Come and tell us that Kim Sebrango was the right woman for the job. Ooops, she's gone, too.

Come and ask Florence Bourg to write us a press release. Ooops, she's goen.

How long do you think creampuff Lorriane Lafreniere will last before she bails?

I had given her 18 months. It has been five. I don't think she will make it to August.

Let's hope she doesn't quit before June and the national championships.

Poor, poor Brett Stewart.....

Ed Arzouian, The Prophet!

This was posted almost 19 months to day Sebrango quit or was fired, take your pick:

Eddie Arzouian
[url="http://www.cyclingforums.com/image.php?u=89216&dateline=1121116629"]http://www.cyclingforums.com/image.php?u=89216&dateline=1121116629[/url]

icon1.gif
Re: Kim Sebrango as Director, Marketing Operations
Yeah, whatever, tell me about it another 18 months or so when she has quit, been fired or failed and we are back to square one.

A former Ticket Sales Director for the Ottawa Rough Riders. That's like saying you were a navigator for the Titantic!

Here's what people said about them:

Sink the ship!

The only way to save the Argos may be to fold 'em

By STEVE SIMMONS -- Toronto Sun

The Argonauts may be today's headline but, sadly, they are yesterday's news. An old team and an old story that won't seem to go away....

There was barely an argument raised when the Ottawa Rough Riders succumbed to their own ineptitude and disappeared.

"Ineptitude", Ms. Sebrango will be right at home at the current CCA.

a little extra reading:

Ottawa Rough Riders

Dowdall, Brent. Turnover: The fumbling of the Ottawa Rough Riders. Ottawa: B. Dowdall, 1999.
ISBN: 1-894439-01-5 (trade paperback) Really quite a well-researched and well-written history, focusing on the final twenty years of the Ottawa franchise, although some reasonably good overview material is given of the team from its original formation in 1876. Dowdall provides particularly good treatment of the Gliebermans and the Horn Chen fiasco. A superb illustration of the half-baked business decisions that caused the decline and collapse of the Rough Riders.

Soccer Canada, there's another great reference! Even Van de Wille himself wrote that Canadian pro soccer is in terrible trouble. He says he knows soccer so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time. The only place it is successful is here in Montreal.

The Canadian National Soccer Teams are so poor and disorganized they make our national cycling teams look like the Discovery Team.

That's all we need to emulate, Soccer Canada! We can hold raffles and bake sales to get the teams to Worlds.

BTW, Kim there are no cycling tournaments like in soccer, just so we are clear. I once had a Marketing and PR "expert" write us a press release that mentioned those.

PS Billy having brand names in sport doesn't mean they will pack up and leave that sport to come to cycling. I quite certtisn ww eil se Sebrnago leave befor eacomplishing anythign here. Look the shortness of stints at the other federatiosn and they are easy compared to cycling.

What we have here is another professional Sports Canada bureaucrat who shuffles from one federation to another. Those people usually fail in cycling.
Last edited by Eddie Arzouian : 26-06.-2005 at 05:29 AM.

I had a telephone conversation today with a journalist from Quebec. Among some of the things we discussed was the disparity between the Canadian Cycling Association’s (CCA’s) TOTAL budget and that of Alpine (Skiing) Canada. They both get base funding from Sport Canada. They used to get almost the same $2.5 million each. Alpine Canada has now risen to $3.2 million while the CCA fell to $1.7 million. They are still relatively the same in that regard..

However look at the huge difference when it comes to TOTAL budgets (TOTAL budget is sponsorship, licensing, rights, fees, donations and merchandising, etc).

The CCA’s about $2.5 million while Aplin Canada’s is OVER $20 MILLION!!!!!!! (this figure was given to me today by Alpine Canada, they would not be more specific. But don't take my word for it, please check it all out on your own)

The nearly $17 million difference can all be attributed to better mismanagement and marketing of the sport.

That is what Bill Kinash has cost Canadian cycling, about $17 million dollars. Go away Kinash and take all Board Members who support you.

Voici les budgets de Sport Canada 2005-2006.

Cyclisme $1,795,659

Ski Alpin $3,179,519

Sport Canada Contributions Report
2005-06

For other years/ Pour d’autres annees : http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/sc/contributions/index_e.cfm

TOTAL

$133,389,966
ATHLETES ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

$24,800,000
CITY OF WHITEHORSE

$5,123,463
COACHING ASSOCIATION OF CANADA

$4,825,000
CANADIAN CENTRE FOR ETHICS IN SPORT

$4,631,500
CANADA GAMES COUNCIL

$4,282,534
COMITE ORGANISATEUR DES Xies CHAMPIONNATS (FINA)

$3,637,000
CANADIAN HOCKEY ASSOCIATION

$3,564,568
ALPINE CANADA ALPIN

$3,179,519
SWIMMING/NATATION CANADA

$2,908,717
ATHLETICS CANADA

$2,731,589
SPEED SKATING CANADA

$2,678,114
CANADIAN CANOE ASSOCIATION

$2,468,079
BOBSLEIGH AND LUGE CANADA

$2,384,738
ROWING CANADA AVIRON

$2,235,516
CANADA BASKETBALL

$2,124,730
WHITEHORSE 2007 JEUX DU CANADA GAMES HOST SOCIETY

$2,000,000
COMMONWEALTH GAMES CANADA

$1,835,000
CANADIAN CURLING ASSOCIATION

$1,812,355
CANADIAN FREESTYLE SKI ASSOCIATION

$1,800,507
CANADIAN CYCLING ASSOCIATION

$1,795,659
CROSS COUNTRY CANADA

$1,775,847
VOLLEYBALL CANADA

$1,734,177
PACIFICSPORT CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE – VANCOUVER

$1,718,182
SKATE CANADA

$1,685,754
GYMNASTICS CANADA GYMNASTIQUE

$1,658,144
REGINA 2005 CANADA SUMMER GAMES

$1,436,610
DIVING PLONGEON CANADA

$1,431,471
CANADIAN SNOWBOARD FEDERATION

$1,385,746
CANADIAN SOCCER ASSOCIATION

$1,302,166
TENNIS CANADA

$1,222,660
SYNCHRO CANADA

$1,196,059
BIATHLON CANADA

$1,191,723
WATER POLO CANADA

$1,172,361
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - CALGARY

$1,172,053
CANDIAN AMATEUR WRESTLING ASSOCIATION

$1,160,890
CANADIAN AMATEUR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION

$1,157,509
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - ALTANTIC SOCIETY

$1,153,427
CANADIAN YACHTING ASSOCIATION

$1,135,002
CENTRE NATIONAL MULTISPORTS - MONTREAL

$1,078,930
JUDO CANADA

$1,052,480
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - ONTARIO

$1,031,000
BASEBALL CANADA

$925,331
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO

$884,360
CANADIAN PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE

$857,000
CANADIAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

$845,000
FIELD HOCKEY CANADA

$843,500
SPECIAL OLYMPICS CANADA

$814,710
TRIATHLON CANADA

$758,166
TABLE TENNIS CANADA TENNIS DE TABLE

$746,299
CANADIAN INTERUNIVERSITY SPORT

$735,000
SPORT DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTRE OF CANADA

$728,087
PROVINCE OF QUEBEC

$634,160
ROYAL CANADIAN GOLF ASSOCIATION

$607,000
ABORIGINAL SPORT CIRCLE

$579,450
CANADIAN FENCING FEDERATION

$577,517
CANADIAN RUGBY UNION

$570,000
WATER SKI AND WAKEBOARD CANADA

$558,000
ESTEEM TEAM ASSOCIATION

$542,859
SPORT INFORMATION RESOURCE CENTRE

$540,000
EQUINE CANADA HIPPIQUE

$522,594
CANADIAN AMATEUR BOXING ASSOCIATION

$500,513
CANADIAN WHEELCHAIR SPORTS ASSOCIATION

$492,000
ATHLETES CAN

$478,000
CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF WOMEN IN SPORT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

$445,000
WTF TAEKWONDO ASSOCIATION OF CANADA

$443,767
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA

$434,360
BADMINTON CANADA

$424,750
SQUASH CANADA

$400,000
PROVINCE OF ALBERTA

$378,380
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA

$367,000
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - MANITOBA

$355,000
RACQUETBALL CANADA

$355,000
GOVERNMENT OF NORTHWEST TERRITORIES

$322,160
CANADIAN BLIND SPORT ASSOCIATION

$306,000
SPORTWEB SOCIETY

$300,000
GOVERNMENT OF YUKON

$291,800
GOVERNMENT OF NUNAVUT

$291,620
PROVINCE OF SASKATCHEWAN

$258,680
PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA

$254,540
CANADIAN TIRE FOUNDATION FOR FAMILIES

$250,000
UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION IN CANADA

$242,019
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - SASKATCHEWAN

$240,000
PROVINCE OF NEW BRUNSWICK

$240,000
CANADIAN COLLEGES ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

$220,000
FOOTBALL CANADA

$220,000
SHOOTING FEDERATION OF CANADA

$205,000
THE CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION AND DANCE

$200,000
CONSEIL DU SPORT DE HAUT NIVEAU DE QUEBEC

$200,000
FONDATION DE L'ATHLETE D'EXCELLENCE DU QUEBEC

$200,000
PROVINCE OF PRINCE OF EDWARD ISLAND

$200,000
RINGETTE CANADA

$200,000
CANADIAN CEREBRAL PALSY SPORTS ASSOCIATION

$197,500
BOWLING FEDERATION OF CANADA

$180,000
PROVINCE OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

$180,000
CANADIAN DEAF SPORTS ASSOCIATION

$105,000
TRUE SPORT FOUNDATION

$105,000
SPORT OFFICIALS OF CANADA

$103,693
COWICHAN 2008 NORTH AMERICAN INDIGENOUS GAMES

$100,000
FEDERATION OF CANADIAN ARCHERS

$88,000
ALTERGO

$75,000
LAURENTIAN UNIVERSITY

$75,000
CANADIAN WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION

$73,500
CANADIAN LACROSSE ASSOCIATION

$71,000
BOWLS CANADA BOULINGRIN

$70,500
CANADIAN BROOMBALL FEDERATION

$63,000
NATIONAL KARATE ASSOCIATION

$56,525
CANADIAN SPORT PARACHUTING ASSOCIATION

$52,500
CANADIAN TEAM HANDBALL FEDERATION

$39,000
CANADIAN SPORT TOURISM ALLIANCE

$35,000
PARTICIPACTION

$34,043
SPORT NORTH FEDERATION

$26,504
TOURNOI PROVINCIAL NOVICE "PASSE RONDELLE "

$3,800

Rest in Peace, Kim Sebrango.
I gave her 18 months, she lasted 19......Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

She did nothing at Soccer Canda. She did nothing at Skate Canada. Yet idiot Kinash hired her.

She did nothing in cycling, exactly as I knew she would.

She took over $100,000. She wasted two full seasons. All she left was dust.

Good riddance.

MES1396.jpg

So ends the Lessons for Sebrango