Sebrango cycling lessons

Lesson .....whatever:

National Rankness

So the Canadian Cycling Association now has a national ranking system (see below) , SOMETHING IT HAD 20 YEARS AGO. Of course nobody at the CCA knows about the history of the sport because they do not know anything about the sport at all.

ONLY 20 YEARS AGO AND AS RECENTLY AS ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO THERE WAS CASH ALONG WITH POINTS!!!!

THERE WAS A SPONSOR!!!!!

Now, with a well-paid Marketing Director (Kim Sebrango) in place for more than a year, there is NO SPONSOR AND NO PRIZES for leading the national ranking.

This ranking smells of rankness...

Amateurs doing a rank job.

Fire them while there is still time.

Canadian National Ranking – all cycling disciplines

July 2006
July 4, 2006 (Ottawa ON) – The CCA has introduced the Canadian National Ranking for 2006. The National Ranking encompasses both provincial and national races across Canada in Road, Track, Mountain Bike, BMX and Cyclo-Cross disciplines.​

The National Ranking will create a unified national calendar where both provincial and national level events count towards a season long points classification. The National Ranking classification will recognize athletes who are achieving success at the national level while providing an incentive for riders to attend designated events. In 2007 the National Ranking will become an integral component in selection for National Team projects.

The National Ranking is available online and will be updated at the beginning of each month. Please note the following links.

For the Road National ranking, click here or follow the link:
http://www.canadian-cycling.com/English/discipline/road/general.htm

For the Mountain Bike National ranking, click here or follow the link:
http://www.canadian-cycling.com/English/discipline/mtb/general.htm

For the Track National ranking, click here or follow the link:
http://www.canadian-cycling.com/English/discipline/track/trackgeneral.htm

For the BMX National ranking, click here or follow the link:
http://www.canadian-cycling.com/English/discipline/BMX/bmxgeneral.htm

The National Ranking requires a close partnership between the CCA and all the Provincial and Territorial Sport Organizations across the country. The CCA would like to thank everyone involved in supporting this important initiative.

Florence Bourg
Communications Manger
Canadian Cycling Association
Tel. : 418-824-9207
Cell. : 418-558-4559
[email protected]

5,700 views and nobody has opinion on this????

Step up to the plate folks....

Ski Canada has Ken Read, a guy whose life has been skiing, representing them. They get about $12,000,000/year in sponsorship.

Cycling has Kim Sebrango who did **** for Soccer Canada, before doing nothing for Skate Canada and she is doing the same for the Canadian Cycling Association.

How can she convey the tradition, excitemen, potential and energy of the sport of cycling when she does NOT KNOW ANYTHING about it in the first place.

You might as wel have her selling vacuum cleaners.

The CCA gets about $400,000 per year in sponsorship, That's what they got before Sebrango arrived, that's what they get now after having spent about $60,00 on her last year.

Still, as Hunter S. Thompson says, "masturbating like a chimp in a zoo-cage"? Get a life! Go unblock the toilet at the theatre or something!

Guess you cannot answer the question, hey Paddy.....

$12,000,000 for Ski Canada.

$400,000 for CCA.

Why?

Because the people at the CCA are USELESS. They do not know anything about cycling. They are even bigger posers than you.

Sebrango has not found one monetary sponsorship in a year.

That silly HR Block thing probably came from Saskatchewan. Disoicunts on tax returns.

They are letting Tim horotn's rape the sports some more.

How much do you think the Delta Hotel discounts have saved CCA members?

Why aren't the corporate logos on the CCA websites. A new commuications direcorr and a new marketinn director making over $100 Gs and they can't post a few logos?

Who is servicing the sposnors?

What disaster. what an embarassment.

Thank for reading, Paddy.

Good job over at Pedal Forum.

You and Benjy Sadavoy the Shabby Editor killed that damn quick!

I told you nobody would read your **** without me.

Whose laughing now?

Go post on Pedal it's probably been a few months since somebody did that.

Hey Patrick, whrere are the new events?

Where is the National series and its prize money?

Where are the projects form the Hamilton Legacy?

Were you drunk or just extremely "anxious" when you wrote these two posts? Every other word is misspelt. It's rather curious. I guess you came home late, saw VDW writing something, forgot to take some meds, and here we are?

A very good day sir to you.

Eddie Arzouian said:
Hey Patrick, whrere are the new events?

Where is the National series and its prize money?

Where are the projects form the Hamilton Legacy?

LOL. Tough to type and wipe froth from your mouth at the same time. I just couldn't help noticing that for 8 months the "thread" was him replying to... himself...

Uboat said:
Were you drunk or just extremely "anxious" when you wrote these two posts? Every other word is misspelt. It's rather curious. I guess you came home late, saw VDW writing something, forgot to take some meds, and here we are?

A very good day sir to you.

Spelling???

You're worried about spelling!

The sport is going to **** and your concern is spelling....

That about sums up the contribution you have to make, Van de Wille.

You are and always have been a a parasite on the sport.

You have never done anything but comment about it.

Go run a club or a team, race, organize an event, sell a sponsorship, work for a manufacturer and then come back to disucss the sport with us.

The fact is you cannot respond to one point I brought up.

You're a poser and a clown.

Go write on the Pedal Magazine Forum where nobody goes anymore bcause you and Benjamin Sadavoy banned me and it died JUST AS I PREDICTED!.

Yup, this thread was me replying to myself and there are about 6000 (SIX THOUSAND) VIEWS!!!!!

I think it is hilarious you aRe here reading and postiNg now. Uboat as welll.

Explain it. A full-time Marketing "professional", Kim Sebrango, at the CCA for a year now and not one new worthwhile sponsors.

$12,000,000 for Ski Canada, $400,000 for the Canadian Cycling Association. Pathetic.

CCA Marketing Director Kim Sebrango and her boss, Executive Director Steve Lacelle are an embarassment to the sport and to the professionals in it who kow what they are doing.
What have they done for a year?

Where are the new sponsors?

Where are the new events?

Where are ther new teams?

Lacelle is such a failure he has even stop posting his quarterly reports as they would now only document his failure.

I didn't question you about your spelling - Uboat did. He's right, it was a little... disheveled.

My big question is, do you cut/paste the question-laden rants from an archive, or do you really come up with them from scratch every time? If the latter, it shows a remarkable consistency, bordering on idee-fixe.

Can someone simply be a fan without being a parasite?

Eddie Arzouian said:
The fact is you cannot respond to one point I brought up.
What are you asking me to respond to? The CCA stuff? Like it's my fault? I've been out of the loop, working, teaching, studying - haven't paid much attention. I love watching races, but the administrative stuff never stroked me a tenth as much as it does you.

Eddie Arzouian said:
Yup, this thread was me replying to myself and there are about 6000 (SIX THOUSAND) VIEWS!!!!!
The views were there when you and I were here bludgeoning each other for fun and public entertainment. I don't think they cranked up significantly since you started your eight-month conversation with yourself.

Van de Wille said:
I didn't question you about your spelling - Uboat did. He's right, it was a little... disheveled.

My big question is, do you cut/paste the question-laden rants from an archive, or do you really come up with them from scratch every time? If the latter, it shows a remarkable consistency, bordering on idee-fixe.

Can someone simply be a fan without being a parasite?

What are you asking me to respond to? The CCA stuff? Like it's my fault? I've been out of the loop, working, teaching, studying - haven't paid much attention. I love watching races, but the administrative stuff never stroked me a tenth as much as it does you.
To respond to some of Van de Wille's questions:

I definitely keep an archive, like this stuff:

"Patty the Lapsed Canuck" said:
"Whoa boy, I think it's silly to say I have better knowledge of cycling than Ed. My own list of racing accomplishments is very, very scarce (though I did win one of the two races I entered, riding Chris Firek's too-tall bike and dressed up in the Ultramar Bear suit for the celebrity race). My only claim is spectator- and journalist-side."
Posted on Pedal Magazine Web Forum: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 am

Listen to the guy in the bear suit, he knows his stuff.

Can someone simply be a fan without being a parasite, asks Van de Wille? Of course but not Van de Wille, as he explained himself. His initial intent was to be a parasite:

Van de Wille said:
"For what it's worth I got into writing about cycling because I was a young guy trying to become a journalist and there's no point trying to break into hockey or baseball. And it worked....I starting writing about it to make a buck and took a liking to it."
Posted on Pedal Magazine web forum : Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:03 am

As for Van de Wille's racing experience:
"Patty the Lapsed Canuck" said:
"For the record: two seasons of very light training and four races, one of them in a state of, uh... extreme aerodynamism (lol) (what Van de Wille means here is that he was racing drunk and naked in a parking lot in the Maritimes some place after a race he was covering for Pedal Magzine. Pedal is a very liberal publication since they allow some of their witers to represent them in this fashion: very professional. We are all laughing out loud now, aren't we...) and the other in the aforementioned bear suit. But the other two were legit races, "
- Patrick Van de Wille Today, June 21, 10:21 AM

Two seasons of training to do two races! Pretty hectic schedule.

As for his comments about the CCA not being his fault and not paying much attention. He probably hasn't paid much attention but that did not stop him from shooting his mouth off. He thought the hiring of Sebrango was a great thing, even though she KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT CYCLING AND HAD NO EXPERIENCE IN THE SPORT WHATSOEVER. Furthermore, her results at Soccer Canada and Skate Canda were mediocre at best.

Van de Wille said, "I love watching races, but the administrative stuff never stroked me a tenth as much as it does you."

Patrick likes to watch!

That's pretty easy, isn't it?

Since the adminsitrative stuff doesn't "stroke" you, how about just shutting up then and letting those of us who know what the hell we are talking about have a discussion without your feeble input, OK Paddy?

Eddie Arzouian said:
As for his comments about the CCA not being his fault and not paying much attention. He probably hasn't paid much attention but that did not stop him from shooting his mouth off. He thought the hiring of Sebrango was a great thing, even though she KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT CYCLING AND HAD NO EXPERIENCE IN THE SPORT WHATSOEVER. Furthermore, her results at Soccer Canada and Skate Canda were mediocre at best.
I'm sure you won't find in your archive that I thought her hiring was a good thing. I have met her once, and I had a full head of hair then. I simply said you were misrepresenting her background and the situation at Soccer Canada and in soccer generally. Which you were. Because you were bitter, and because it has always been in your character to be bitter and spiteful and the success of others, and then feebly - but repetitiously! - attack them on personal grounds. Not that I would know anything about that...

Ennyway, work to do: Cheerio mate! Best of luck on your uninterrupted, unimpeded ascent towards the stars. Ignore the smell when you get there, and if you're alone at your ultimate destination, rest assured: it's because the rest of us are simply unable to attain such heights! Ab absurdo, ab aeterno!

Van de Wille said:
I'm sure you won't find in your archive that I thought her hiring was a good thing.
Looks like Paddy Van de Wille was wrong again. In fact there is a whole thread on this very forum of him supporting the hiring of Kim Sebrango by the CCA.

Here is but one example:
Kim Sebrango as Director, Marketing Operations
Van de Wille said:
"Maybe cycling could use someone like that (Sebrango) , instead of people we've always had, who were either unconcerned with marketing at all or who limited themselves to only marketing the sport to cyclists. I know a guy who has sold everything from laminate flooring to industrial electrical systems to software, and done well at every one of them. Myself, I've done PR for everything from pulp & paper companies to tobacco companies to software developers. In business, that's considered a good thing."
Posted 28-06.-2005, 01:19 AM

Van de Wille shoots his mouth off so often he cannot even remember what position he took in a discussion.

Anything else you are "sure" of Patrick???????

Eddie Arzouian said:
Since the adminsitrative stuff doesn't "stroke" you, how about just shutting up then and letting those of us who know what the hell we are talking about have a discussion without your feeble input, OK Paddy?
Uh, because by your standard that would leave you alone in the room again, and in my book the presence of someone to actually discuss with is a prerequisite to qualifying something a "discussion". But perhaps you prefer to have what you've been having for 8 months (until this weekend), which is more properly termed "prolonged verbal self-abuse/exhibitionism." Enjoy! Don't sprain your wrist!

Van de Wille said:
Uh, because by your standard that would leave you alone in the room again, and in my book the presence of someone to actually discuss with is a prerequisite to qualifying something a "discussion". But perhaps you prefer to have what you've been having for 8 months (until this weekend), which is more properly termed "prolonged verbal self-abuse/exhibitionism." Enjoy! Don't sprain your wrist!
Are you sure about this too?

Too funny! VDW scores again with the hilarious and clever retorts!!!!! Mr. Arzouian, you need to work on your rebuttals!

Good day sirs

Van de Wille said:

Not sure I agree since Van de Wille says I have no proof he supported hiring Sebrango when in fact I have him on record saying that he did.

We still have no proof he gave a penny out for his supposed bursary which I never figured he would anyway.

VdW can offer the clever retorts he wants since he cannot address one isssue or concern with any substance.

What you have in Van de Wille is a former wannabe rider with no talent or guts who tries to fit in by rding in bear suit or drunk and naked with the guys after the real racing is over.

He has been a leech on the sport for years.

He has no practical experience in the sport other than sitting in a media van and being drive around and them stuffing his face on freebies in a press tent.

"What you have in Van de Wille is a former wannabe rider with no talent or guts who tries to fit in by rding in bear suit or drunk and naked with the guys after the real racing is over"

We've read a few interesting police reports that are posted on the 'net that suggest you've been up to much crazier things!

Good day sir!

Eddie Arzouian said:
Not sure I agree since Van de Wille says I have no proof he supported hiring Sebrango when in fact I have him on record saying that he did.
Uh, what you have is me saying the sport could perhaps use people whose experience is outside cycling, in sports that have had success appealing to a broad audience. Sorry to interject with the truth.

Eddie Arzouian said:
What you have in Van de Wille is a former wannabe rider with no talent or guts who tries to fit in by rding in bear suit or drunk and naked with the guys after the real racing is over.
LOL!! "Sniff... I tried to fit in, I really did... I rode a fancy bike... I even wore a bear suit... but I still wasn't like all the other bears!"

Hey, I rode for fun, and watched and reported on it for fun. If there were more people who, like me, enjoy the sport and would rather watch a local crit or a Canadian amateur road race than the Tour on OLN, the sport in Canada would be in better shape. If more people were willing to shell $100 to buy a vintage Canadian red-leaf-on-blue national team jersey, as I would be so happy to do, than the equivalent amount on a Team Discovery fake yellow jersey, Canadian cycling would be just fine.

And I've never misrepresented my experience - it is what it is, both in terms of its limitations and accomplishments. And some people found my experience and understanding sufficient to put me on network TV, in two languages, for roundabout 10 years until I chose to put an end to the association. That's, oh... 700 shows, Ed, give or take a few. Had you done one tenth of that - one hundredth! - you'd still be rubbing it in our faces today.

I call myself a cycling fan and former (and occasional) journalist, which is what I was and am. You call yourself a journalist: who's the poseur?

for what it's worth, patrick van de wille's tsn commentary got me thinking about why the sport of cycling is interesting.

ed arzouian serves as a reminder that "journalism" goes beyond describing the obvious.

i think both are good at what they do.

Who got the supposed Van de Wille cycling bursary????

Just more hot air, wasn't it? More Van de Wille ********.