Second Avenue Deli In NYC May Close :o(

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 04:02:13p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Bob
Terwilliger?

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> A $5,000/mo increase comes to some $200/day... or a dozen sandwiches.

> So the PROFIT on a single sandwich is $17? Looked at the menu online at
> www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/manhattan/menus/2ndavenuedeli.htm and I
> see you're full of ****, as usual.

Sheldon is long overdue for a box of Feenamint.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> A $5,000/mo increase comes to some $200/day... or a dozen sandwiches.

> So the PROFIT on a single sandwich is $17? Looked at the menu online at
> www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/manhattan/menus/2ndavenuedeli.htm and I
> see you're full of ****, as usual.

That menu is out-of-date, as I've seen from subsequent posts.
http://www.2ndavedeli.com/2nd Avenue Deli Restaurant Menu.pdf is
more current, and it's possible that Sheldon is correct: If the deli sold a
dozen more of its MOST EXPENSIVE sandwiches, it's possible that the profit
could come to more than $200. Of course, if they sold an extra dozen
chopped-liver sandwiches, the aggregate profit wouldn't even come CLOSE to
$200.

Bob

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 05 Jan 2006 03:40:37p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
> bennett?
>

>>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry, Sheldon, it is indeed kosher.
>>>
>>>nancy
>>>

>>so do they serve bacon or not?
>>

> No.
>
> http://www.2ndavedeli.com/sdbmmenu.htm

they do not serve bacon or ham, nor would they serve a cheeseburger.
However, the really kosher Jews do not consider them to be kosher
enough, as they are not closed for the Sabbath.

On 5 Jan 2006 23:49:38 +0100, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]>
wrote:

>http://www.2ndavedeli.com/sdbmmenu.htm

You have GOT to be kidding!!??

$29 a POUND for corned beef!?

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

On 6 Jan 2006 00:12:48 +0100, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Sheldon is long overdue for a box of Feenamint.

I can't understand ANYONE not kill-filing him,
he's not even a LITTLE amusing.

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity...

Remove XYZ to email me

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 05:40:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 05 Jan 2006 03:40:37p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
>> bennett?

>>>so do they serve bacon or not?
>>>

>> No.
>>
>> http://www.2ndavedeli.com/sdbmmenu.htm
>>

> they do not serve bacon or ham, nor would they serve a cheeseburger.
> However, the really kosher Jews do not consider them to be kosher
> enough, as they are not closed for the Sabbath.

One of the best Jewish bakeries in Phoenix, Karsh's, is now without
official rabbinical blessings, because they made a decision to open on the
sabbath. the place isn't technically kosher, but it does use kosher
products and honors kosher baking practices.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 06:31:44p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Never
anonymous Bud?

> On 6 Jan 2006 00:12:48 +0100, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Sheldon is long overdue for a box of Feenamint.

> I can't understand ANYONE not kill-filing him,
> he's not even a LITTLE amusing.

He's been in my killfile for quite a long time. I only see snippets of what
he writes in others' quotes.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Margaret Suran wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Thu 05 Jan 2006 03:40:37p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
>> bennett?

>>> so do they serve bacon or not?
>>>

>> No.
>>
>> http://www.2ndavedeli.com/sdbmmenu.htm
>>

> they do not serve bacon or ham, nor would they serve a cheeseburger.
> However, the really kosher Jews do not consider them to be kosher
> enough, as they are not closed for the Sabbath.

Jews are not kosher.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Margaret Suran <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote
in news:[email protected]:

> I just heard on the 5 o'clock morning news, that the Second Avenue
> Deli in New York City is closed since Sunday, in a dispute with the
> landlord. There is a good chance, according to the owners of the
> deli, that the restaurant will not reopen.
>
> I hope that it is not going to happen.

Oh no! I hope not either. We have yet to have lunch together at the
Second Avenue Deli. Please keep me posted either here or via email. Thanks
for the heads up Margaret.

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 05:24:18 -0500, Margaret Suran
<[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons and
opined:

>I just heard on the 5 o'clock morning news, that the Second Avenue
>Deli in New York City is closed since Sunday, in a dispute with the
>landlord. There is a good chance, according to the owners of the
>deli, that the restaurant will not reopen.
>
>I hope that it is not going to happen.

<sob!> Margaret, this is horrible! This is the same place you, Kristen
and I had our last luncheon? I thought they had a plaque installed
memorializing the occasion and, therefore, it became a historical
landmark...alert the media!!

Indignantly,
Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:44:49 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
and opined:

>How dare they!! NOW where will I fight with you over a check? Can you
>find out where Lisa and Mary are or will go? This is terrible news,
>Margaret.

You ever win a check with Margaret? I swear, the woman got up at oh
dawn thirty to hoof it to the 2nd Ave. Deli to make sure Lisa and Mary
gave her the check. Next time, I'm going to have Kristen distract her
while I snag the check, but don't tell Margaret. <ssshhhh!>

BTW, Mary and Lisa loved their gifts, Barb.

Sneakily,
Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:24:40 -0500, "Nancy Young" <[email protected]>
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Sorry, Sheldon, it is indeed kosher.

You wanna know *how* kosher??? When I had lunch there with my daughter
and Margaret Suran, we had a shopping bag that included some
foodstuffs I'd bought for my daughter to take back to her place in
Brooklyn. She had to hide it in her backpack b/c Margaret told us we'd
be refused service if they caught sight of it..

And no yelling about the sneakiness. If they didn't see it, I didn't
do it.

Backdoor babe,
Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 03:16:23 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Margaret Suran <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote
>in news:[email protected]:
>

>> I just heard on the 5 o'clock morning news, that the Second Avenue
>> Deli in New York City is closed since Sunday, in a dispute with the
>> landlord. There is a good chance, according to the owners of the
>> deli, that the restaurant will not reopen.
>>
>> I hope that it is not going to happen.
>>

>Oh no! I hope not either. We have yet to have lunch together at the
>Second Avenue Deli. Please keep me posted either here or via email. Thanks
>for the heads up Margaret.

One thing I've learned is that if you really want to do or try
something, do it ASAP because you can't count on it being there. I
have a camcorder video of my niece and myself in the World Trade
Center, with my niece balking at the (short) line to go to the
observatory. My voiceover says "(niece) doesn't want to wait in line
and it's been a long day so we'll give it a pass. I can always come
back later myself."

That was August 23, 2001. I can't watch it. But anytime I have the
impulse to think "(it) will always be there," I remember that.

(Fortunately, I had been to a restaurant high in the tower a few years
before so I had at least experienced being there and seeing the view.)

Hopefully the 2nd Avenue Deli will open again so you can have a
classic New York experience. And I will also try to get there again!

Sue(tm)

sarah bennett wrote:

> Jews are not kosher.

so I CAN serve them with cheese?

(sorry...sorry)

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

The Bubbo wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>

>>Jews are not kosher.
>>

> so I CAN serve them with cheese?
>

> (sorry...sorry)

no, but even if they were kosher meat, you couldn't ;)

--

sarah bennett wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>> sarah bennett wrote:
>>

>>>Jews are not kosher.
>>>

>> so I CAN serve them with cheese?
>>

>> (sorry...sorry)
>>

> no, but even if they were kosher meat, you couldn't ;)

hmmm, is there any situation in which i CAN serve them with cheese or am I SOL
on this one?

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

On Thu 05 Jan 2006 09:51:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it The Bubbo?

> sarah bennett wrote:
>> The Bubbo wrote:

>>> so I CAN serve them with cheese?
>>>

>>> (sorry...sorry)
>>>

>> no, but even if they were kosher meat, you couldn't ;)
>>

> hmmm, is there any situation in which i CAN serve them with cheese or am
> I SOL on this one?

Not if you want it to be kosher. You cannot mix meat and dairy.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 05 Jan 2006 09:51:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it The Bubbo?
>
>> sarah bennett wrote:

>>> no, but even if they were kosher meat, you couldn't ;)
>>>

>> hmmm, is there any situation in which i CAN serve them with cheese or am
>> I SOL on this one?
>>

> Not if you want it to be kosher. You cannot mix meat and dairy.

so...say I'm not kosher...then i could? and that would be cool?

--

The Bubbo wrote:
> sarah bennett wrote:
>
>>The Bubbo wrote:

>>>so I CAN serve them with cheese?
>>>

>>>(sorry...sorry)
>>>

>>no, but even if they were kosher meat, you couldn't ;)
>>

> hmmm, is there any situation in which i CAN serve them with cheese or am I SOL
> on this one?

I hear pork is a close estimate :)