Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

secondary shimano brakes

Started by VeloSpeed · · Last activity · 5 posts · 923 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 April 2006
Last activity
19 April 2006
Original author
VeloSpeed
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
923
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    When my girlfriend and I were looking for new roadbikes she cast a glance at the specialized Dolce. I noticed that it had secondary (to the dual function levers) brake levers on the top part of the bars. In the end she picked up a bargain on a Dolce Elite that just has the grown-up levers 😉

    I'm now toying with the idea of building up a commuter/tourer based on a surly cross check frame. I was thinking that these additional levers might be a good idea for a bike that could find itself heavily laden on off road trails.

    My question is, how do they work? What kit is needed? I can't seem to find any info in this setup on the shimano site.

    Cheers

    David

  2. That's the same setup they use on a cross bike; STIs and a second set of levers on the inside flat part of the bars.

  3. Cyclocross Levers, you will find them on the Specialized (and other) page. My GF has them on herFelt F-100. 🙂

  4. Ah, thanks folks. Now I know what I'm looking I've found a bit more info.

    Still not sure how the cabling works though. Do you run seperate cables down to each caiper/brake hanger?

  5. VeloSpeed said:

    Ah, thanks folks. Now I know what I'm looking I've found a bit more info.

    Still not sure how the cabling works though. Do you run seperate cables down to each caiper/brake hanger?


    As you were folks - think I've worked it out. The normal cable runs through the cross lever and when you pull on the cross lever it effectively expands the cable outer? Seems to make sense anyway

    David

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.