Secret food shame

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Yeff, Feb 12, 2005.

  1. Yeff

    Yeff Guest

    Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    --

    -Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC)
    zoomie at fastmail dot fm

    Tags:

  2. chillled

    chillled Guest

    Yeff wrote:

    > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    I prefer canned mushrooms to fresh ones.

  3. crumbed deep-fried duck, smothered in plum sauce.
    "chillled" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yeff wrote:
    >
    >> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
    >>

    > I prefer canned mushrooms to fresh ones.

  4. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Yeff wrote:
    > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    Cheet-O's. The baked ones in the blue bag.

    Jill

  5. H. Harrand

    H. Harrand Guest

    Krystal cheeseburgers with extra pickles

    and ketchup on 'em

    helen

    "Yeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC)
    > zoomie at fastmail dot fm

  6. -L.

    -L. Guest

    jmcquown wrote:
    > Yeff wrote:
    > > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    > Cheet-O's. The baked ones in the blue bag.
    >
    > Jill

    Once a year I get the strongest craving for Cheetos - the crunchy ones.
    I eat them until I am sick, then I don't eat them again for another
    year or so...

    -L.

  7. On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:49:51 GMT, Yeff <[email protected]> wrote:

    My Beef Wellington recipe. The results are delicious, but I cringe
    whan I get asked for the recipe, it's so trashy...

    Nathalie in Switzerland

  8. jacqui{JB}

    jacqui{JB} Guest

    "Nathalie Chiva" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > My Beef Wellington recipe. The results are
    > delicious, but I cringe whan I get asked for
    > the recipe, it's so trashy...

    So ... do tell. :)
    -j

  9. Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
    >Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    Oreos and milk. At least a dozen.

  10. Biff

    Biff Guest

    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yeff wrote:
    > > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    > Cheet-O's. The baked ones in the blue bag.
    >
    > Jill

    Chocolate milk on cornflakes...sigh...

    Biff

  11. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    kilikini wrote:

    > You know, I've been following this thread and I can't think of a single food
    > that I crave that I could eat until I get sick. If I order a fast food
    > burger (which isn't often) I eat half of it. I eat only one slice of pizza.
    > I love a salad bar, but can only make it through two modest plates full.
    > Sushi - maybe 5 pieces. I don't eat sweets, don't drink milk, OH! I've got
    > one! Fresh sourdough bread out of the oven! I can eat the whole dang loaf
    > with butter. Okay. Whew. I'm normal. <g>
    >
    > kili

    Well, what if beer counts? ;-)

    --
    Steve

    Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
    bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...

  12. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Helen wrote:

    > Krystal cheeseburgers with extra pickles
    >
    > and ketchup on 'em

    I love In-n-Out burgers, but I don't think that's anything to feel guilty
    about. They're very, very good. Same thing with Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

    Sometimes I *do* feel guilty about eating an entire container of hummus, but
    that's fairly healthy stuff.

    Oh. Oh. Yes, I *can* hang my head, because I just remembered this, even
    though I haven't done it for several years: I heat up a canned ham patty in
    a frying pan with butter. When it starts to get crispy around the edges, I
    put it on a toasted and buttered English muffin with bread & butter pickle
    slices. My cardiologist would have a coronary.

    Bob

  13. ravinwulf

    ravinwulf Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:49:51 GMT, Yeff <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    Errrm, I really don't know that I should admit this....

    Eagle sweetened condensed milk. Straight out of the can, eaten with a
    spoon.

    Regards,
    Tracy R.

  14. CaptCook

    CaptCook Guest

    "jmcquown" wrote ...
    >> Who said anything about getting sick?! I just like Cheet-O's on

    rare
    > occasions; I don't eat the entire bag nor do I eat enough to make me

    barf!

    Clearly you do not understand food..,..

  15. > Beefaroni!

    Italian sausage& basil ravioli....same brand?

    Quick and deadly. :)

  16. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    jacqui{JB} wrote:
    > "Yeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    > Pop Tarts; frosted, raspberry. Toasted is good, cold out of the
    > package is better. Not that they're easy to find here in
    > Copenhagen -- there's only one place in town that carries them and
    > it's something like 60dkk per box (over 10usd). Definitely a guilty
    > pleasure.
    >
    > Jack-in-the-Box Original Tacos (not the big ones -- they're weird).
    > Mmmm. With fries and onion rings. Very comforting after a crappy day
    > at work.
    >
    > The rest of my guilty pleasures are pretty much public ...
    > -j

    What is it with the Jack in the Box Monster Tacos? Who even orders them?
    It's the 2/$.99 deal that's the goods! Yummy, nice, greasy belly bomb!

    kili

  17. John Bonnett

    John Bonnett Guest

    "ravinwulf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:49:51 GMT, Yeff <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    > Errrm, I really don't know that I should admit this....
    >
    > Eagle sweetened condensed milk. Straight out of the can, eaten with a
    > spoon.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tracy R.

    Pop the top and dip graham crackers till its allllll gone !

    John (and me kinda lactose intolerant, too)

  18. Starburst candies with Leave It To Beaver reruns, generally my
    combination of choice when suffering hayfever attacks. I was going to
    say potato chips, but that's no secret.
    --Lia

    Yeff wrote:
    > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

  19. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    MareCat wrote:
    > Beefaroni!

    Franco American Spaghetti-O's with mini meatballs!

    Jill

  20. elaine

    elaine Guest

    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Licorice Twizzlers, Cheez-It (Get Your Own Box)
    >
    > Wishing real licorice was still available, original licorice pipes were
    > smokin' !

    Love licorice. There's a candy store in Toronto that sells imported
    licorice. I buy it and hoard it.
    E.