Secret food shame

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Yeff, Feb 12, 2005.

  1. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > Ang and Bruce <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Raw cookie doagh.
    > > Oh, yeah.

    That's why I never got into eating raw cookie dough - it made me sick
    the couple times I tried it. Ugh, indeed!

    -L.

  2. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:
    > Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
    > >Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    > Oreos and milk. At least a dozen.

    Nuttin wrong wid dat!

    -L.

  3. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Katra wrote:

    > Good one! :)
    > Ditto here...
    >
    > I just LOVE sourdough!
    >
    > --
    > K.

    That's something I simply cannot put in my mouth. It tastes/smells
    like vomit to me.

    -L.

  4. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Dog3 wrote:<snip>

    >Velveeta.
    >
    > Michael

    OMG!! How could I have forgotten! Gooey Cheese Popcorn! Pop a bag of
    light or fat-free butter flavored popcorn, and place it in a big bowl.
    In a separate bowl, nuke 2T of butter and a slab of Velveeta, cut into
    chunks. Nuke and stir with fork until creamy. While still hot and
    creamy, pour over popcorn in a thin stream and stir the popcorn with a
    fork (has to be a fork) until all the kernels are covered and the
    cheese sauce is used up. Scrape any leftover cheese sauce into the
    bowl of popcorn. Stir, stir, stir - there may be globs of cheese on
    some clumps which just makes it more disgustingly good. Eat while
    still warm. Add salt if desired (seriously).

    I can eat an entire bowl of this in one sitting, no problem. My sister
    and I created this years ago after smoking too many big fatties.

    -L.
    (Who doesn't smoke anything anymore...although sometimes I wish I
    could...)

  5. Pan Ohco

    Pan Ohco Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:19:50 -0600, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >MareCat wrote:
    >> Beefaroni!

    >Franco American Spaghetti-O's with mini meatballs!
    >
    >Jill

    Oh now Jill that is going to far.

    Pan Ohco

  6. kalanamak

    kalanamak Guest

    cream cheese mashed with Pace picante salsa and corn chips

  7. ms. tonya

    ms. tonya Guest

    Date: Sun, Feb 13, 2005 [email protected] (Yeff) WROTE:
    Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
    --
    -Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC) zoomie at fastmail dot
    fm---------------------------------------------------

  8. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Pan Ohco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:19:50 -0600, "jmcquown"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>MareCat wrote:
    >>> Beefaroni!

    >>Franco American Spaghetti-O's with mini meatballs!
    >>
    >>Jill
    >>

    > Oh now Jill that is going to far.
    >
    > Pan Ohco

    I'm still getting over the shock. oh, jill ...

    nancy

  9. TheAlligator

    TheAlligator Guest

    Yeff <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
    >-Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC)
    >zoomie at fastmail dot fm

    Snoot sandwiches. "snoot on wheat, sauce on the side". First time I
    ordered one (ethnic area of a town) the girl stared at me. I said
    "what?" And she said (i swear) "ain't no white man ever ate a snoot".
    Hard to find a good one, but when you do, it's heaven. Alas, no more
    of these in my future, unless I plan for a hospital vacation!

  10. Ginny Sher

    Ginny Sher Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:22:13 -0500, "elaine" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Licorice Twizzlers, Cheez-It (Get Your Own Box)
    >>
    >> Wishing real licorice was still available, original licorice pipes were
    >> smokin' !

    >Love licorice. There's a candy store in Toronto that sells imported
    >licorice. I buy it and hoard it.
    >E.

    Are they online by any chance? I once found a licorice store in
    Curacao while on vacation. I never knew there were so many kinds of
    licorice. We had a field day experimenting. I *love* licorice.

    Ginny

  11. Ginny Sher

    Ginny Sher Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:37:40 -0600, ravinwulf <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:49:51 GMT, Yeff <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

    >Errrm, I really don't know that I should admit this....
    >
    >Eagle sweetened condensed milk. Straight out of the can, eaten with a
    >spoon.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Tracy R.

    When I was a little girl, my mother would boil cans of condensed milk
    for each of us kids as an Easter treat. It's caramel in a can. Each
    of us marked the can with our name on it so another sibling wouldn't
    dare take it. I love condensed milk too, but prefer it cooked.

    Ginny

  12. Jed

    Jed Guest

    On 13 Feb 2005 09:25:10 -0800, "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Katra wrote:
    >>
    >> Good one! :)
    >> Ditto here...
    >>
    >> I just LOVE sourdough!

    >That's something I simply cannot put in my mouth. It tastes/smells
    >like vomit to me.

    Not intended to belittle at all, but it's amazing how differently we
    humans can perceive the taste of certain foods.

    I love sourdough, but then, I find the scent of asofoetida (hing) in
    Indian food pleasant too.

  13. "Sheldon" <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >Wishing real licorice was still available, original licorice pipes were
    >smokin' !

    Are these what you're looking for, or have they changed formulas?
    http://www.oldtimecandy.com/licorice-pipes.htm

    Carol

  14. ravinwulf <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >Errrm, I really don't know that I should admit this....
    >
    >Eagle sweetened condensed milk. Straight out of the can, eaten with a
    >spoon.

    I've got an equally (maybe more) hideous one. Brown sugar and butter,
    microwaved, with a touch of vanilla at the end. It's gritty as hell, but
    tastes a little caramelly (new word).

    Carol

  15. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > "Sheldon" <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:
    >
    > >Wishing real licorice was still available, original licorice pipes

    were
    > >smokin' !

    > Are these what you're looking for, or have they changed formulas?
    > http://www.oldtimecandy.com/licorice-pipes.htm

    Nope, that's not them, not even the correct shape. Back then there
    were no red ones. Licorice pipes were fairly large, like full sized
    pipes, and they had red sugar beads to simulate they were lit... but
    the important part was that they had a very strong licorice flavor.
    Licorice candy is nothing like how it used to be, but thanks anyway.

  16. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I've got an equally (maybe more) hideous one. Brown sugar and butter,
    > microwaved, with a touch of vanilla at the end. It's gritty as hell, but
    > tastes a little caramelly (new word).
    >
    > Carol

    I see no shame it that. May even try it later.

  17. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > "Pan Ohco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:19:50 -0600, "jmcquown"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Franco American Spaghetti-O's with mini meatballs!
    >>>
    >>> Jill
    >>>

    >> Oh now Jill that is going to far.
    >>
    >> Pan Ohco

    > I'm still getting over the shock. oh, jill ...
    >
    > nancy

    Hey, I can't eat fish and broccoli *all* the time! ;)

    Jill

  18. elaine

    elaine Guest

    "Ginny Sher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:22:13 -0500, "elaine" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> Licorice Twizzlers, Cheez-It (Get Your Own Box)
    > >>
    > >> Wishing real licorice was still available, original licorice pipes were
    > >> smokin' !

    > >Love licorice. There's a candy store in Toronto that sells imported
    > >licorice. I buy it and hoard it.
    > >E.
    > >

    > Are they online by any chance? I once found a licorice store in
    > Curacao while on vacation. I never knew there were so many kinds of
    > licorice. We had a field day experimenting. I *love* licorice.
    >
    > Ginny

    No, they don't appear to be on-line. This candy store has a whole section
    devoted to licorice - belgium, dutch, single, double, triple salted - cats,
    babies etc. Also peppermint and fruit coated licorice candies. And you
    know those little beaded (blue & pink) licorices that come in the Bassetts
    licorice box - they sell these also. They sell the pipes, but I've never
    tried those - because I know they wouldn't be like the original ones.
    E.

  19. "Edwin Pawlowski" <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> I've got an equally (maybe more) hideous one. Brown sugar and butter,
    >> microwaved, with a touch of vanilla at the end. It's gritty as hell, but
    >> tastes a little caramelly (new word).

    >I see no shame it that. May even try it later.

    Please let me know if/how you like it. It IS very gritty, unless you nuke
    it for a lot longer, in a large container. I just do it in a Pyrex
    measuring cup.

    Carol

  20. In article <[email protected]>, "CaptCook" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Bologna and American cheese on white bread with mayo.

    No yellow mustard? I like French's on my b&c sandwichies.

    Priscilla
    --
    "And what's this crap about Sodomites? It's always Sodomites this and
    Sodomites that. What about us Gomorrahians? We were there too; we