Secret food shame

I have tried for days to think of something to be ashamed of eating,
and I can't. Not even the burned toast, buttered, torn up and covered
with milk that I sometimes make late at night.

-aem

"Dog3" <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "-L." <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> Once a year I get the strongest craving for Cheetos - the crunchy ones.
>> I eat them until I am sick, then I don't eat them again for another
>> year or so...
>>
>> -L.

> Sounds like me and White Castle burgers.

Woo Hoo, I'm not the only one!!! Every time I go to Minneapolis, I have at
least one breakfast consisting of half a dozen WC burgers. My SO thinks I'm
insane.

Yeff wrote:
> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
>
> --
>
> -Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC)
> zoomie at fastmail dot fm

Grits with sugar on buttered toast.

Dog3 wrote:
> "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Steve Calvin wrote:

> >> Only a dozen? They've been barred from the house. I'll eat the

whole
> >> gd bag and a big glass of milk while standing in the kitchen just
> >> staring out the window.

> > You know, I've been following this thread and I can't think of a
> > single food that I crave that I could eat until I get sick.

> I can. Hershey's Kisses. I'll eat them until all of them are gone and

my
> stomach is churning and I finally vomit. They are no longer allowed

across
> my threshold. I don't know why it is but I just can not stop eating

them.

Milk Maid caramels. I cant stop eating them, even when they stop
tasting so great.
Nina

ms. tonya wrote:
> Date: Sun, Feb 13, 2005 [email protected] (Yeff) WROTE:
> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
> --
> -Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC) zoomie at fastmail

dot
> fm---------------------------------------------------
> RESPONSE: After reading all replies to this post don't see any shame

in
> any of the answeres except onion on peanut butter sandwich did make

me a
> little whatever.
> I happen to like grits, TRUE grits from down south not the ****
> restaurants here in the north pass off as grits.
> But my shame, I don't sprinkle salt on them I use sugar butter.

I like Jim Dandy grits, with sugar and eaten either with or on buttered
toast. I dont like the butter IN the grits, so I spread the grits on
the toast to get the flavor. That and a few cups of Constant Comment
was a daily aftershcool meal when I was in high school.
nina

Hahabogus wrote:

> Corn Flakes and melted Vanilla Ice Cream
>
> --

Whats even better is Corn Flakes and CheeseCake flavored ice cream.
Smash up the cornflakes into the semi-melted ice cream.Yum!!!!!!!!!

One time on Usenet, "kilikini" <[email protected]> said:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
> > Petey the Wonder Dog wrote:

> >> Oreos and milk. At least a dozen.

> > Only a dozen? They've been barred from the house. I'll eat the whole
> > gd bag and a big glass of milk while standing in the kitchen just
> > staring out the window.

Double Stuf Oreos are my weakness -- I can eat an entire bag in one
evening. *Sigh* Obviously I don't have them often.

> You know, I've been following this thread and I can't think of a single food
> that I crave that I could eat until I get sick. If I order a fast food
> burger (which isn't often) I eat half of it. I eat only one slice of pizza.
> I love a salad bar, but can only make it through two modest plates full.
> Sushi - maybe 5 pieces. I don't eat sweets, don't drink milk, OH! I've got
> one! Fresh sourdough bread out of the oven! I can eat the whole dang loaf
> with butter. Okay. Whew. I'm normal. <g>

Nope, sorry -- if you were normal, you wouldn't fit in RFC... ;-)

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is

In article <[email protected]>,
Dog3 <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote:

> "carbuff" <[email protected]> wrote in
>

> > "Dog3" <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Sounds like me and White Castle burgers.

> > Woo Hoo, I'm not the only one!!! Every time I go to Minneapolis, I
> > have at least one breakfast consisting of half a dozen WC burgers. My
> > SO thinks I'm insane.

> Once bitten by the WC bug, one *must* have them at least once a year. I
> don't have the guts to eat them more than one time a year. I used to eat
> them when I had a terrible hangover. Oh, I also had a chili dog now and
> then with all the extras plus kraut.
>
> Michael

Lucky for me there are no WCs in northwest Arkansas. But when I go east
(Chicago area, Cincinnati, Nashville ... wherever they sell them), I've
got to have one. Did I say one? I've got to have a half dozen or more.
This I can do only when the wife is NOT traveling along ... she'd kill
me if she saw me eating one. I'd rather let the White Castles do the job.

Can I get extra onions with those?
Dave W.

--
Living in the Ozarks
For email, edu will do.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell, (1903-1950)

For me, fried Klik. Has to be Klik, not the store-brand or generic ****.
Even I have standards. ;o)

news:[email protected]...

"Dave W." wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Dog3 <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote:
> > "carbuff" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > Woo Hoo, I'm not the only one!!! Every time I go to Minneapolis, I
> > > have at least one breakfast consisting of half a dozen WC burgers. My
> > > SO thinks I'm insane.

> > Once bitten by the WC bug, one *must* have them at least once a year. I
> > don't have the guts to eat them more than one time a year. I used to eat
> > them when I had a terrible hangover. Oh, I also had a chili dog now and
> > then with all the extras plus kraut.
> > Michael

> Lucky for me there are no WCs in northwest Arkansas. But when I go east
> (Chicago area, Cincinnati, Nashville ... wherever they sell them), I've
> got to have one. Did I say one? I've got to have a half dozen or more.
> This I can do only when the wife is NOT traveling along ... she'd kill
> me if she saw me eating one. I'd rather let the White Castles do the job.
> Can I get extra onions with those?
> Dave W.

I've seen WC in the freezer section at the military commissary. They give me
instant heartburn and I can't think of any worse food to freeze.
Edrena

Yeff wrote in rec.food.cooking

> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

Peanut butter, ketchup and pickle sandwich.
The shame, the shame.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.

Dog3 wrote:
> "-L." <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:

> > Once a year I get the strongest craving for Cheetos - the crunchy

ones.
> > I eat them until I am sick, then I don't eat them again for

another
> > year or so...
> >
> > -L.

> Sounds like me and White Castle burgers.

Oh, craving Whitey's is a perfectly natural event. Last week, My Friend
The Executive passed the half-century mark, so he brought in a load of
Castles to distribute amongst the troops. He put one on my desk for me
to make sure I didn't miss out.

For an executive, he's an ok sort.

Brian

Yeff wrote:
> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

I'm not really too ashamed of anything I eat. Probably the closest
would Pringle's. Every now and then I get a can and eat a few. Ok, I
eat the whole can.

Brian

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:00:54 GMT, "kilikini"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> I REALLY like SPAM.

<SNIPped my SPAM fetish details>

>Mike, ever try sauteeing cubed SPAM and green beans? That's a Hawaiian
>staple. You can add slivered almonds too, but don't forget the sesame oil.

Sounds awesome, Kili!

Here in the UK SPAM is regarded as, well, nearly a joke by most
people... I still love it though, and will be trying the recipe as
soon as I can. My experience of Hawaiian cuisine (being mainly ham
and pineapple pizzas) is that the unlikeliest of ingredients are
combined to genius effect, so I'm looking forward to this one!
Thanks.
--
posterMPD05

Mike Dickinson wrote:

> Here in the UK SPAM is regarded as, well, nearly a joke by most
> people... I still love it though, and will be trying the recipe as
> soon as I can. My experience of Hawaiian cuisine (being mainly ham
> and pineapple pizzas) is that the unlikeliest of ingredients are
> combined to genius effect, so I'm looking forward to this one!

It's pretty much a joke here too.

I have a friend who is a university professor. A few years ago he was on
sabbatical and went with his wife to Thailand to do some research. On the way
over they met and befriended a Thai women who was married to an American soldier
stationed there. They were happy to accept an invitation to dinner. They thought
they were in for a real treat, a real home made Thai dinner. They were served
Spam. The woman's GI husband loved it and she thought they would too.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:53:59 +0000 (UTC), Mike Dickinson wrote:

> Here in the UK SPAM is regarded as, well, nearly a joke by most
> people...

Back when I was in the USAF a guy I worked with deployed to Incerlick AB,
Turkey, in support of Operation Provide Comfort. He told the story of how,
when he first got there, he discovered that the Brits were running a few
pubs in some of the tents. He went to one and had a grand ol' time with
his new-found international friends. He didn't remember how he made it
back to his own tent...

The next day he reports to work severely hung-over (okay, he was probably
still drunk). Every time his co-workers looked at him they just laughed.
It took him most of the morning to discover why, and that only happened
when someone showed him to a mirror.

Sometime during the night his Brit friends had stamped his forehead with
the word "Spam" that had a circle around it and a slash through it - i.e.
"No Spam". WWII had ended 40+ years prior and you Brits *still* hadn't
forgiven us for giving you Spam. <g>

--

-Jeff B.
zoomie at fastmail dot fm

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun 13 Feb 2005 07:48:04p, Maverick wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "Yeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Cornflakes? The soggier the better.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> -Jeff B. (who also likes the cole slaw from KFC)
>>> zoomie at fastmail dot fm

>> Something tells me this thread is going to be huge!
>>
>> I like peanut butter and bananas on between two pieces of buttered white
>> toast.
>>
>> But, let's keep that between the two of us...
>>
>> Bret
>> <Has a craving now. Damnit!>

> I like that with crisp bacon added.
>
> Wayne

I'll have to give that a try. But bacon really messes with my blood
pressure. Sounds good though!

Bret

ruffles potato chips and lipton's onion soup dip.

better than homemade dip when you need that kinda thing.

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 12 Feb 2005 09:49:51p, Yeff wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > Cornflakes? The soggier the better.

> Fried egg and onion sandwiches on white bread.

Fried egg and lox on a bialy.