Secret to a good muni video.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by gordito8me, Jan 20, 2007.

  1. gordito8me

    gordito8me Guest

    Hey everybody, I'm hoping to make an all muni video soon and I was
    wondering if there were any secrets to showing the technicality of a
    trail or other things you guys would suggest that would make a muni
    video more interesting to watch. all feedback would really be
    appreciated, thanks guys.

    --
    gordito8me

    torker dx here!!!
    gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

  2. zfreak220

    zfreak220 Guest

    low camera angles. and switching the camera's view of the rider. like go
    from left to right and such.

    --
    zfreak220

    iridemymuni wrote:
    > i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a bitch

    zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

  3. If you get the UNI magazine, Brian Mackenzie wrote a really great
    article on filming tecqnuiques (sp).

    --
    maximus unius

    > Originally Posted by *Beener*
    > Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
    > ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!

    maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

  4. iridemymuni

    iridemymuni Guest

    'the best muni video i've ever seen' (http://tinyurl.com/26cgpj)

    make it like this and it willl be GOOD

    --
    iridemymuni

    maker of the happy birthday threads

    ive got:

    John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
    Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
    Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
    Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
    iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

  5. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

    Low following camera, from behind is usualy pretty good. Very fast, no
    stopping if possible. It should be done almost like street where flow
    is very important and prehops are deathly. Drops should be captured
    from the bottom of the drop though. Multiple angles always help too.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

  6. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

    Low following camera, from behind is usualy pretty good. Very fast, no
    stopping if possible. It should be done almost like street where flow
    is very important and prehops are deathly. Drops should be captured
    from the bottom of the drop though. Multiple angles always help too.

    Oh and most important is no shaky camera. This is very very important.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

  7. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    iridemymuni wrote:
    > 'the best muni video i've ever seen' (http://tinyurl.com/26cgpj)
    >
    > make it like this and it willl be GOOD

    oh my god
    That has to be one of the very best uni videos i have ever seen, and
    the first shto was hilarious.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  8. Part of the reason the filming on that video was SOOOOO good is that it
    was filmed with a glide camera.

    --
    maximus unius

    > Originally Posted by *Beener*
    > Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
    > ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!

    maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

  9. chester1234

    chester1234 Guest

  10. thejdw

    thejdw Guest

    iF you don't have £25000 for a glide cam mabey you could try making one?
    :cool:
    Just do lots of "smart" shots ;)

    --
    thejdw

    dunawan wrote:
    > why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
    > forrestunifreak wrote:
    > > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

    thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

  11. gordito8me

    gordito8me Guest

  12. headstone

    headstone Guest

  13. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    thejdw wrote:
    > iF you don't have £25000 for a glide cam mabey you could try making one?
    > :cool:
    > Just do lots of "smart" shots ;)

    Look 'here' (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/) for the famous
    $14 steady cam. Loose made one along similar lines and it does
    genuinely work, we tried it out with me running down the side of a BMX
    track while he rode, this simple apparatus did take a lot of the jerky
    running action out of the shot.

    Ths site tells you how to make the device with $14 worth of parts, or
    if you're not handy you can pay $40 to have a pre-built one delivered
    to you.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  14. thejdw

    thejdw Guest

    kington99 wrote:
    > Look 'here' (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/) for the famous
    > $14 steady cam. Loose made one along similar lines and it does
    > genuinely work, we tried it out with me running down the side of a BMX
    > track while he rode, this simple apparatus did take a lot of the jerky
    > running action out of the shot.
    >
    > Ths site tells you how to make the device with $14 worth of parts, or
    > if you're not handy you can pay $40 to have a pre-built one delivered
    > to you.

    Nice the total bill for me would be around £330 :(

    --
    thejdw

    dunawan wrote:
    > why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
    > forrestunifreak wrote:
    > > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

    thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

  15. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    thejdw wrote:
    > Nice the total bill for me would be around £330 :(

    What is that to buy a pre-built one and have it shipped to the UK or
    something? Can you not get access anywhere to a power drill, it's about
    the only tool you need to stick this thing together yourself for
    peanuts. I believe Loose made his from stuff knocking around the
    garage, didn't cost him a penny.

    And anyway, you're not the one who was asking how to make a good muni
    movie.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  16. thejdw

    thejdw Guest

    kington99 wrote:
    > What is that to buy a pre-built one and have it shipped to the UK or
    > something? Can you not get access anywhere to a power drill, it's about
    > the only tool you need to stick this thing together yourself for
    > peanuts. I believe Loose made his from stuff knocking around the
    > garage, didn't cost him a penny.
    >
    > And anyway, you're not the one who was asking how to make a good muni
    > movie.

    lol what I ment was I would need to get a camera to go on it!
    Its somthing to think about for when I get good enough to make a muni
    movie ;)

    --
    thejdw

    dunawan wrote:
    > why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
    > forrestunifreak wrote:
    > > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

    thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

  17. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    thejdw wrote:
    > lol what I ment was I would need to get a camera to go on it!
    > Its somthing to think about for when I get good enough to make a muni
    > movie ;)

    ah right, fair enough!

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  18. thejdw

    thejdw Guest

    kington99 wrote:
    > ah right, fair enough!

    Yup Yup pi di yup
    Who were you on the london uni meet?

    --
    thejdw

    dunawan wrote:
    > why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
    > forrestunifreak wrote:
    > > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

    thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

  19. kington99

    kington99 Guest