Secrets of the Dead

Bro Deal said:
The new PBS Secrets of the Dead is about the dangers of doping. The preview I saw implies that they will delve into the long term effects of female East German athletes. Looks interesting.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/?p=56

Would be interesting viewing.

Unfortunately for the athletes of East Germany - when your goverment (Erich Honecker) enacts a sporting directive (in 1973) to make doping official policy, as an athlete, you had little or no choice about whether or not to dope.
Either you doped or you were not selected.

limerickman said:
Would be interesting viewing.

Unfortunately for the athletes of East Germany - when your goverment (Erich Honecker) enacts a sporting directive (in 1973) to make doping official policy, as an athlete, you had little or no choice about whether or not to dope.
Either you doped or you were not selected.
WOW now isn't that far
:eek:

Bro Deal said:
The new PBS Secrets of the Dead is about the dangers of doping. The preview I saw implies that they will delve into the long term effects on female East German athletes. Looks interesting.

Good timing by the Yanks..... just as the lid is about to be lifted on widespread doping in US athletics they wheel out this old carthorse......... you guys are terrible ! WMD's my ****.....

whiteboytrash said:
Good timing by the Yanks..... just as the lid is about to be lifted on widespread doping in US athletics they wheel out this old carthorse......... you guys are terrible ! WMD's my ****.....

According to the Guardian on saturday - Andre Pettigrew is the latest US case of doping in the 1990's to be exposed recently.

Roger Black - who was beaten by Pettigrew in to silver place - said that he was now "completely disillusioned. I always assumed that Pettigrew was clean. It's extremely disappointing knowing that I was beaten by a doped athlete"

Bro Deal said:
The new PBS Secrets of the Dead is about the dangers of doping. The preview I saw implies that they will delve into the long term effects on female East German athletes. Looks interesting.

I will be watching it tonight at 8PM in HD.

WBT, it isn't a denial of US doping or a deflection because of upcoming revelations. The only media outlet in the US with any journalistic integrity is our Public Broadcasting system, so stick to things you know, like digging smelly things out of your ass.

Well, that was scary. Austin Powers would be confused as hell when he had to decide who to accuse of being a man or a woman.

Bro Deal said:
Well, that was scary. Austin Powers would be confused as hell when he had to decide who to accuse of being a man or a woman.
Yea, NS! That woman who got the operation later was more manly than I am. As far as a documentary goes, it was pretty poor however. The points were old and obvious, and there was no real point other than exposing something that has been known for almost 20 years. I was disappointed.